Ch 32: A Liquid We Call Tears

Y/N

I wondered why I was being called to Taehyungs room, but as I was standing here right now I know exactly why. I couldn't help but feel a slightly disturbing sting at the side of my head looking at Aria

What is this feeling?

There was no Taehyung in sight just her standing in the middle of the room. Her hands were folded in front of her chest allowing the elegant long sleeves to sway in front of her dress.

The rose pink color of the satin dress complimented her brown locks that cascaded down her shoulders, two braids from the side were connected at the back of her head. Allowing her hair to stay in place and out of her face.

She looks so innocent and small. Like a doll.

"I am assuming my lady has called for me" I spoke filling up the room. The very moment I got here there were no words being spoken by her. She was just staring at me, taking in my appearance as I did with her.

"Indeed... Do you know why?" she asked me. She let one of her hands unfold to swipe back one of her locks at the front. Instead of answering I just carefully shook my head. 

I don't need to forget to stay mannered. She is a princess after all and on top of that Taehyungs future wife.

"It's about my husband Taehyung" she continued while she walked around the room at a slow pace. My eyes twitched at the way she was addressing him.

"I know you're interested in him dear, but you know that it will only bring trouble. Taehyung loves me and he is gonna marry me. You're just a mere handmaiden you will never be able to marry him. So you better know your place" that doll-like feeling I got instantly faded away as she spoke. 

It became clear that she was just a wicked person, evil humans if I could call it that. I tried to keep my face straight hearing her confidently claiming that Taehyung loved her. 

Humans can be so selfish...

If it wasn't because of her background, Taehyung would have no interest in her, to begin with. But I... Am very aware of my place.

I slightly bend my knee lowering my head.

"There is no need for my lady to worry. I'm very aware of my place and status. I'm only here to carry out my duty" I replied causing a smile to appear on her face.

"Good" she finally stopped walking and looked at me again. 

 I am very aware that an Infernal will never be able to be with a human and I'm only here to carry out my duty. Which is protecting Taehyung whatever it takes.

Suddenly the door behind us opened and when I turned around I came eye to eye with a confused Taehyung.

"Uhmm... Why are you here?" he asked me nervously. I could sense that he was feeling somewhat anxious. Perhaps he is scared I'll do something to Aria.

"Oh, I called for her my love. Your room is just a bit messy so I asked one of the handmaidens if they could tidy it up" Aria spoke. As she showed me that disturbing smile of hers she walked past me, feeling her shoulders bump into mine. A hint of red appeared on her cheeks once she felt herself stumble to the side while I remained on my spot.

You won't budge an Infernal with the lack of your muscles

"Oh very well, thank you. Come I will guide you to your chambers.'' The tone he uses with Aria is always sweet and caring. Everyone can see that Taehyung treats Aria gently and with care, even though it's against his will. Yet somehow it triggers my eyebrows. 

There I was standing alone in Taehyung's room, scanning around I noticed how his chamber was indeed on the messy side. Several books were scattered around the place, with clothing pieces. 

Guess I should clean...

"Done" I sighed looking at the tidy room. As I placed the last book back on the shelf, I could hear footsteps in the hallway.

Someone is coming.

"Y/N?" It's Taehyung.

My eyes were locked on the door noticing it slowly opening revealing Taehyung.

"I'm here" I announced pushing my lips back into a straight line before they could curl upward.

These days I kept on smiling when I just thought of Taehyung. It's not good... It's weird. When I talk to Teya about it she tells me that I might love him. But what is love? How do I know if it's love? All I'm thinking about is the cause of the bond.

"Oh you're still here" he commented. I lowered my head and started walking.

"I was just done. I'm going now" I spoke as I tried to escape in a hurry. For some reason my mind kept thinking about Aria, it made an uneasy feeling appear in my stomach. It's not anger yet it doesn't feel normal either.

I stopped in my tracks when I felt Taehyung grab my wrist carefully.

"Stay" why did his voice come out as a whisper? He didn't let go as he closed the door with his other hand.

"Are you okay? You look sad?" 

Sad..... Is this the feeling of being sad?

Hearing Taehyung tells me to stay, made me want to stay, but it made this strange feeling grow bigger. When I look at him I imagine him with Aria....walking down the aisle. And I? I am forgotten...the thought of that makes my jaw go weak.

"I'm sorry... About my father" Taehyung spoke. He slightly tugged on my hand wanting me to turn around. So I obeyed and finally turned around looking at him, but the moment our eyes met my heart stung, allowing a weird feeling to build within me. 

"It's okay. It's not your fault" I spoke back. No matter how much I tried focusing on other things right now I couldn't.

When Taehyung and Aria get married....there won't be a place for me near him. I'll be forgotten. Taehyung will no longer need me. He won't care about me anymore as he does right now.

As I averted my eyes to the floor I felt warm liquid slowly dripping down my face. When I slowly wiped it away it wasn't red. No blood.....but instead it was transparent. 

They call these tears right?

"Why... Are you crying?" It only took a second for him to let go of my wrist, instead  his hands forcefully grabbed my face making me look at him. 

Why are you looking at me like that? Sheria gave me this look a lot....it was whenever I was in pain. When I asked her what it meant she told me it was because she was worried about me.

Taehyung....is worried about me?

I allowed his thumbs to wipe away the tears, but for some reason, I couldn't stop them from shedding. 

I never felt like this. So weak... I always tried to stay strong, but right now I wanted to let go of that.

I wrapped my hands around his wrists feeling a lump appear in my throat.

"I-I feel weird" I sobbed making his eyes turn big.