Ch 52: The Death Of....

Y/N

Our eyes connected and this was the first time that I felt the need to break eye contact. None of us spoke until he leaned closer getting rid of the space between us.

''I should go'' I spoke softly feeling the heavy atmosphere in the room. 

I understand how Taehyung feels, the words he spoke to me just now. The type of affection he feels towards me. It was clear to me why I started to feel certain feelings when I'm around Taehyung and how these feelings aren't connected to the bond...

I also know now that Sheria is the one who made this all happen for me. She opened me up to the feeling of love and caring about others. Not only someone as a lover but as a friend as well. These feelings didn't appear strong when I was with her, but she definitely showed the light to them. Losing her made it just all fade away until I met Taehyung and the others and now they are more lit up than ever.

If I would listen to my human side if I'm allowed to call it that. I would feel relieved right now knowing how he feels. I would be more than happy and desire to tell him the reason why my heart beats so loudly right now. 

But my Infernal side tells me that this isn't the reason I was created. Humans and Infernals don't get along in this society we are the enemy. I should not abandon the real reason why I'm here in the first place. I'm not human and I will never become one. Teya told me about her love for Jimin if those feelings end up being mutual then I'm truly happy for her. But to be having feelings like this for a prince will only put him in more danger. So I decided this for myself and have been reminding myself about it every time. 

You're Taehyung his Infernal and his Infernal only....nothing more.

I slowly pulled back heading for the door to leave.

''Y/N wait'' his voice sounded desperate while his hand took a grip on my wrist stopping me. I turned around trying to hide the fact that I felt guilty.....guilty about making him feel like this. 

Why did he need to fall for me? This shouldn't have happened.

''I'm not gonna marry Aria. Especially not after what she did. I'm done bending down to whatever my father says. I want to live my own life making my own decisions.'' He slowly pulled me towards him as if he wanted to send a message. His fingers gently traced down mine as he looked into my eyes, it almost seemed as if they were sparkling.

''Choosing who I want to love and marry'' he whispered softly with a smile on his face. I got the message and I understood it clearly. Yet I was gonna act like the stupid clueless Infernal I portrayed to be and answered him with a smile. 

''And as your Infernal I will fully support you with that'' I replied pulling my hands carefully back to myself seeing Taehyung his expression turn blank.

''Goodnight'' I added before leaving the room and heading quickly to the maiden's room. His expression kept replaying in my head. That blank soulless expression as if someone had just taken the most important thing in his life away from him. I know by the way he looked......by the way how his fingers stopped once, I spoke those words. That...

I have hurt him........

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin

It was early in the morning I quickly got dressed in my armor being informed about the fact that the King summoned me. Hearing this I got extremely worried not only because it is the king who wants to see me, but also about the fact how early in the morning it is. 

The king usually is never up around this time. He puts his sleep above everything else usually because his body tries to get rid of the toxicity he consumed the day before drinking lots of wine. 

I walked the halls at a fast pace until I reached the throne room. Looking at the enormous black wooden door I took a deep breath trying to control my heartbeat before nodding my head to the guards guarding it. They opened the door for me allowing me to enter the room. Once I entered my eyes widened the king was seated on his throne his expression beyond mad. 

But the thing that made my eyes widen was because of seeing the others in the room. Taehyung was present with Jungkook. Jungkook was dressed in his armor just like me, seeing the king in your casual attire is rude so we always had to be dressed in our formal attire when meeting with him. Although Jungkook has been resting for a couple of days to heal it wasn't enough to heal completely. I noticed how he still had trouble with standing seeing him lean against Taehyung for support. 

Sweat started dripping down my back when my eyes met Minjae's. She too was dressed in her formal attire. I couldn't help but feel extremely worried noticing how her left hand applied pressure on the spot her massive injury was. 

As I was walking millions of reasons started going through my mind trying to figure out why the king would have summoned us. 

What if he has found out about Teya and Y/N being Infernals? Or just one of them being one? What if he is furious about the fact that Minjae won the trial and is planning on killing Y/N anyways? 

For Aria to have lost the trial brought a lot of embarrassment to her and her family. Right after the trial ended she boarded her ship leaving for her own kingdom. The only thing I remember is the bitter expression she had on. Minjae smiled at me as if she was trying to bring my mind to ease. As if she was telling me that everything will be okay. 

''Your grace'' I greeted bending down on my knee. Noticing the heavy atmosphere in the room and guessing by the king his facial expression he wouldn't be letting me stroke his hand against my cheek, I didn't bother to stick out my hand for him.

''Good. Now that you are all here'' he announced standing up from his throne. I gulped down the big lump in my throat as I rose from the floor standing in line with the others. The room stayed silent until the king was about to speak. He pointed his fingers towards us in a disgusting way the doors of the throne room busted open catching all our attention. 

''Your grace I come with important news!'' A young guard spoke worried almost falling as he ran his way to the throne. 

''I don't have time for this right now!'' The king growled angrily at him. The guard's legs started shaking while he grabbed some courage daring to speak back to the king.

''It's about the princess...Aria'' he breathed out making the king and all of us stand stunned on our spot. 

What could the important news possibly be?

It stayed quiet in the room for a while until the king snapped towards the guard.

''So!? Say it!'' His voice roared loudly through the throne room as we all looked at the guard. 

''She is dead............''

''Poisoned they say..''

The whole room fell into silence, even the King didn't say anything. He slightly stumbled back into his throne his eyes widened due to shock.

''W-Who? Who did it?'' He finally spoke up questioning the younger guard.

''No one knows your grace..'' The young gentleman answered with a shaky breath.