Ch 27: Welcome The King

Teya

I slowly regained my memories after meeting Jimin. I'm sure our brains just felt familiar with each other and right now Jimin was also experiencing the same thing.

''I'm sure it's just because of the bond.''  He has to think away from this thought!

The first time we met reminded me of our second encounter. When he was treating my feet and giving me shoes. I did regret it. Seeing how everything turned out I regret it so bad. 

What was I thinking? An Infernal living their own life. The only life you can live is fulfilling your purpose. Protecting your master.

''No....we met before'' he was confused. His eyes slightly narrowed at me trying to recall how these feelings of him were possible. 

''I think I should go... it's getting late'' I turned around but felt a grip on my wrist. I slightly turned around myself, suddenly coming eye to eye with Jimin. 

He is so close. 

''Teya'' He whispered to me. A lump appeared in my throat. 

He may not know about this.

''We met before right?'' he asked me again. I bit the inside of my lip and slowly shook my head. He pulled me closer getting rid of the space between us. Out of shock, I grabbed his side. His hand was on my back making sure I couldn't get away while his other hand was still gripping my wrist. 

What do I do?!

''We did'' he whispered. 

Guilt is a very unpleasant feeling. It was eating me from the inside the amount of guilt I was feeling right now, but even so, I acted as if I knew nothing.

''Why do you think that?'' I asked trying to seem as natural and normal as possible. 

''Ever since years ago, I feel like I missed a small fragment in my life. I felt like there is someone out there in the world that I am missing, but I don't know who. It feels like I'm in love with someone but I have no clue who and I tried to ignore that feeling for years now. Every girl I met....no one made me feel that way. But as I'm looking into your eyes.....like right now. All those feelings come back to me. As if you are the missing piece.'' His voice remained so soft in a whispering way. 

So it wasn't just me who felt that way, that day...

''It's the bond'' I tried to pull myself out of his grip but he shook his head instead.

''It isn't.'' His grip tightened. 

''I should go'' I spoke sternly. This time I was able to pull myself free from him. He fell silent stepping away from me. He was lost in his own thoughts as he allowed me to leave the room.

---------------------------------------------

[DAY OF THE BALL]

Y/N

Words couldn't describe how out of place I was feeling right now. The number of people surrounding me and bumping into me. The loud music playing and people talking. I closed my eyes for a second trying to calm myself and took a deep breath. 

''Just smile and serve people'' I muttered softly. Those were the words Minjae taught me. 

I hate the fact that I can't stay close to Taehyung. What if someone tries to kill him? 

Just the thought made me frustrated. I slightly looked Taehyungs way who was chatting with some guests. I kept my eyes on him from the start. 

Noticing me looking at him he smiled while shooting me a wink, once again that nervous feeling appearing in my stomach.

Does he have something in his eye or something?

I quickly looked away heading to some guests offering them a drink. 

''Y/N'' Teya spoke approaching me. Teya and I have become quite good friends. It's weird for me to interact so closely with others. I can feel myself changing every day ever since I met Taehyung. Teya also explains certain feelings to me. Taehyung wishes for me to obtain feelings so I wanna do everything to fulfill them. 

''I felt nervous again. He winked at me'' I muttered passing the important information to her. She flashed her brightest smile slightly bumping my side.

''I can see that your cheeks are slightly pink too. Are you sure you aren't in love with him already?'' she grinned making me shake his head. 

Love? Such a weird word.

''I have to understand how love feels like in order for me to know if I am...right?'' I questioned making her nod her head. I took in her appearance noticing the dress she was wearing. The soft pink color matched her fair skin so nicely. It complimented her dark locks of hair that waved down over her shoulders. Her waist was covered with small white flower petals and beads. They moved on till the middle part of the dress.

''The dress looks lovely on you'' I complimented making my eyes widen. 

I never complimented someone like this except for Sheria!!

I blinked twice feeling her hands holding onto mine.

''Thank you. You must be shocked hearing yourself give a compliment to someone'' she teased. Teya is a very pure and nice girl. Kind of similar to Taehyung perhaps that's why we get along well. Her smile faded away once she looked past me. 

''I'm gonna help some guests'' she smiled quickly before walking away. I slightly turned around seeing Jimin standing on the spot she was looking at a second ago. He himself didn't seem to be in such a good mood. 

The sound of a lot of horns suddenly echoed through the room making everyone fall silent. An old man stood at the top of the staircase in the room. One of the big golden chandeliers hanging above him. He was wearing a neat black garment with red accents. His hair was nicely combed to the back while his pure white beard covered his jawline. He cleared his throat and fixed the small pair of glasses that were resting on the bridge of his nose.

''Dear guests, I welcome you all to tonight's gathering. We kindly thank you for taking part on this important day. Today!! Marks the birth of our most generous, warm-hearted, and humble king!! You all have been invited to celebrate this joyful day with us. We warmly welcome the King of the South! And his loving wife and daughter! Now....let's raise a glass of wine and enjoy this day!!'' He spoke capturing the attention of everyone in the room. I briefly looked at the King of the south and his wife. Afterward their daughter Aria...also known as Taehyung's future wife. Just the thought made me angry. 

I remained on my spot noticing guards walking down the staircase behind them was the king. I have never seen him before, I really wanted to. 

Would Taehyung resemble him? Minjae told me I should never ever get near the king nor make eye contact. Is he such a dangerous guy?

There was a big dining table lined up for the royal family. Everyone was seated except for the king who's spot was in the middle. Taehyung was seated next to his father and next to him Aria. The other side of the king had the king of the south and his wife seated. I wanted to watch the king see what kind of man he truly is, but before I could properly see his face I got turned around by someone. 

''May I grab another glass of wine?'' A young lady asked me. As a handmaiden, my rank is lower than everyone in this room. So I bowed my head and moved the tray with wine that I was holding closer to her.

''Of course, your lady may'' I replied politely just like I learned. She smiled and grabbed a cup of wine from the tray before moving further. 

I felt an unpleasant feeling as if someone was watching me. That's when I noticed a guy standing among the people....watching me.

TUM TUM TUM TUM. WHO THAT?!