Ch 67: The Unknown Girl

Minjae

We decided to divide our group in order to find more information around time. Jungkook and I were scouting around the area in the south. There was a long wooden bridge that would lead to the other side of the village and that is where Jimin and Teya are headed to. Taehyung was scouting in the northern part of the village together with Y/N and Yoongi. 

''Are you done?'' I asked Jungkook who jogged his way toward me. 

Because we aren't at the palace right now Jungkook his father would be worried not having him reply to his letters. That's why he bought a raven today and sent out a letter with a full explanation to his father. We decided it would be best to not have contact for the time being. It's best if we don't take any risk of getting Jungkook his father involved in all of this.

''Yeah let's go'' He nodded. Walking our way in this part of the village made me feel.....very sorry for these people. Some of them were sick or wounded but they didn't even have the proper tools or medicine to treat them. On top of that everyone was working to survive....even the children were helping their parents in the factories. 

''Uhm excuse me, ma'am'' My hand reached out for a woman around her 40's. She was carrying a basket with fruit....half of it already starting to rot. 

''Oh my what brings such a young and beautiful lady to a village like this?'' She asked the moment she laid her eyes on me. I thanked her with a bow before clearing my throat.

''My friend and I were just wondering if there is a way for us to meet the head of the village? As a tourist, we would like to pay or respect and a small thank you '' I explained but the moment I mentioned this her eyes grew big. Her hands that were holding the small basket of fruit clutches tightly around it. 

''Dear lady you should not be concerned about that. I'm sure our humble chief.....our.....humble...and kind chief.'' The more she spoke the softer her words began the come out and I could feel that Jungkook was looking in confusion. From that point, she kept on praising the village chief in soft muttering words while turning her back on me. As if I was never there she walked away muttering the same words to herself her legs trembling along with her hands.

''Something is definitely off...'' Jungkook muttered having me nod in agreement. 

------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung

''We are so grateful for our village chief and his companions that work alongside him. Without them, we wouldn't be having any roof above our head!'' The woman from a small local bar spoke. She was smiling from ear to ear but her eyes were portraying fear. 

''Doesn't look to me like everyone is living a happy life here'' Yoongi spoke in honesty. Some customers in the bar were looking at us from time to time, probably because we aren't from here, But it made me uncomfortable cause I didn't want anyone to find out my identity. I pulled my hood a bit forward to cover my face even more before gulping down the cup of ale standing in front of me. 

''Taxes are tremendously high, being forced to work in factories without even earning enough to survive, not the proper medication to help treat your people'' Yoongi slowly listed everything and the woman her eyes grew bigger in fear. She slammed her hands on the table it startled us all but not Yoongi or Y/N. They stayed seated not even stunned by her intimidating gaze. Her hands started to shake as she leaned closer.

''Unless you wanna get yourself killed I suggest for you guys to leave this village'' Her bottom lip trembled. I could see her eyes scanning around very fast as if she was being watched. 

We can help.

''Tell us why. We want to help'' I began but the woman shook her head. 

''I want to live therefore I can't tell you guys anything'' She replied before walking away. 

----------------------------------

''Well that didn't go as planned. We have been searching around for hours but it seems like everyone is too scared to talk about their leader......They are being controlled'' I sighed.

''You thief!'' All three of us shifted our attention elsewhere seeing a man from a distant scream. His hand grabbed a fistful of a girl. She seemed my age...in her hands, she was holding a ripe red apple.  

What the hell?

''You think I would just let you go!'' The man laughed pulling her towards him. Y/N, Yoongi and I ran up to the scene as fast as we could. On my way, I could see the girl turning around while kicking the men harshly between his legs allowing time for her to run away. 

''Thief!'' he screamed out in pain. 

''Your grace it's better if you and Y/N follow the girl and stop her'' Yoongi spoke making me confused but I didn't question his order and Y/N and I did as he said.

--------------------------------------------

Yoongi

Seeing the man crying out from pain onto his knees made it hard for me not to laugh. 

It's just an apple.

''Here you go....for the apple'' I smiled while tossing him a golden coin before following Taehyung and Y/N. All soon I lost sight of them....this part of the village has a lot of alleys. 

It's like a maze here. 

''Yoongi over here'' I heard Y/N her voice call out to me. I ran up to the source and felt surprised to see Taehyung and Y/N with the girl.....and a little boy. It seemed she didn't choose the right directions having a big wall behind her, there was no way for her to run too.

''If you guys are gonna beat someone up, beat me. He has nothing to do with it.'' She stepped forward slightly covering the little guy his figure. His hands were holding the red apple and I could see there was already a big bite taken out of it. 

''Just saying I'm not gonna keep my hands to myself.'' A chuckle escaped my mouth seeing her take in a firm position. She is a human for sure that's something I can tell. But pretty fearless for one. 

''We are not gonna hurt you'' Taehyung replied his voice gentle and soft. 

''What's your name?'' he asked her but knowing what kind of attitude she gave off, to begin with, there is no way she would tell her name to us. I noticed her staring at Taehyung and her jaw began to clench. I took a look at Taehyung myself and noticed how the hood of his cloak wasn't properly covering his face like before.

''Why would you want to know? ......your grace.'' Her voice came out cold and annoyed and I could see Y/N wasn't having it. To mock Taehyung, even more, the girl slightly bent down her knees.  

Our cover is blown.........