Ch 65: Islet

Taehyung

Teya is right I should not and I will not give up on us. Instead of loving and marrying someone who my father assigned me too, I will be making those decisions for myself. And I choose Y/N.....

''I won't give up and will never change my mind. I'm not gonna turn my back on my own feelings. Even if the world will be against it....I don't care. The only thing that matters to me is how you feel about me.'' My hands desperately grabbed hers caressing them as I looked into her eyes. 

''I-I...'' She just didn't know what to say to me. Looking at her face and into her eyes, I could read confusion all over it. 

''You don't have to tell me right now. I just want you to know that I love you Y/N. I really do and I just wish for you to be by my side just like you are now.'' Her shoulders started to relax while she slowly closed her eyes nodding to what I said.

''I will always be by your side as your Infernal...I will never leave you. That's my duty, the purpose of my existence. I will leave only if you want me too..''

''I will never ask you to leave me'' I spoke clearly and could see a small smile appear on her face. Her hands squeezed mine as I noticed her looking down at them. 

''Thank you.....for loving me the way I am. I hope I will be able to return those feelings one day.'' 

Having the bond connect us makes it hard for Y/N to discover if her feelings for me are out of pure love or influences from the bond. Therefore I wish for our bond to disappear. I know it's actually a huge risk but still, I wish for that to happen. The outcome might be that I won't mean anything to her anymore once the bond is gone. Perhaps she will leave me...maybe even hurt me...but it's a risk I wanna take. 

''Let's head to the upper deck'' I spoke having her nod in agreement. Both of us left the room heading towards the upper deck. My eyes widened looking at the wide blue sea and in the distance there was land. 

''We have arrived'' I muttered under my breath.

--------------------------------------------------------

''We will be arriving shortly'' Yoongi informed my eyes focusing on the environment around us. We finally reached the land and everyone carried out their tasks as planned. Because our ship is a royal ship from our kingdom we couldn't possibly enter the harbor of Islet. We anchored our ship at the coast surrounded by sand and forest. 

At the moment we were making our way through the forest in order to arrive at the destined village. As we got closer and closer a strong scent of coal and ash lingered in the air. Looking up I could see big dark clouds of steam forming, but the source was covered by the high trees.

''The source is probably the factories'' Minjae pointed out informing all of us as we were walking. 

''Most of the population lives in poverty due to the outcasting. I heard that Islet has been focusing on setting up factories in order to provide things to nearby kingdoms. Many of the common people who aren't able to afford their taxes are forced to work in the factories to compensate for it.'' Hearing Minjae explain that made me feel uneasy. 

I wonder what Islet is like..

''Who is in charge of the village?'' Teya questioned her head turning over her shoulder as she walked to get a look at Minjae.

''I'm not sure...The only thing I know is that it's probably a group of people. An organization of some sort...'' Minjae replied.

''They don't really sound like good people..'' Y/N commented and I could see Jimin and the others nod their head thinking the same thing. Yoongi suddenly stopped in his tracks everyone froze on the spot as he did the same, but he didn't say anything nor said anything.

What's wrong?

I could tell as we exchanged glances that we became anxious. He stayed like that for 10 seconds before a deep sigh left his mouth. He finally turned to us with a blank expression.

''And we are supposed to convince this organization of 'bad' people to side with us against the crown. Sounds pretty complicated.'' 

He has a point...

We were actually thinking that the people from Islet lived in harmony together. Hearing how things are being handled there doesn't that mean that a part of the common people despises the organization that rules there? 

''First, we need to get more information that's for sure. We need to find out who this organization is. What kind of people they are. From there we can make other decisions.'' I informed. 

----------------------------------------

My eyes widened arriving at the gates. The floor was covered in grime, houses half build or at the brink of collapsing. Between the small houses, there were huge factories nailed to the ground. It was really crowded seeing people walk everywhere some even bumping against one another causing a fight. There were children running around barefoot playing with rocks. Women begging on the street with holes in their clothes. Old men coming out of the factories carrying steel on their aching backs. 

This isn't right.....

''I don't know what kind of organization is behind this, but they sure are a shit one'' Yoongi muttered from behind me. To be honest I didn't think he would care about the living circumstances of these people. But looking at the annoyed expression on his face it really was bothering him. 

''This is just cruel'' Jimin spoke from beside me. As soon as we entered many villagers turned their attention to us. I made sure to have my face covered not wanting my identity to be known. Some villagers just looked at us in annoyance or confusion. Others approached us asking for money or making sure we would buy things from them. 

''Well one thing is for sure. We don't really have to search around to find where this organization might be'' Jungkook spoke our eyes focusing on his finger that pointed at the distance. My eyes followed where his finger was pointing at and so did the others. Far in the distance on a massive hill being far away from all the factories there stood this enormous building. It seemed like it just didn't fit in with his picture. The building was made out of fine material golden accents on the roof with beautiful lion statues at the door. 

I'm sure that's where they live.....far from all the poverty. 

''Why would people follow bastards like that'' Yoongi commented. Looking around me it was just obvious to see.

''Fear....'' I replied my eyes focusing on the people around me. 

''I want to find out who the people are within this organization. I want to know what they are like and where they come from. They definitely aren't people born into this village they are from somewhere else. I want to know who they work with....who helps them achieve power and make people bend down to them in fear. Maybe there is a way to change their minds and let them see that their way of ruling needs to change.'' I saw Yoongi turn to me a small smile appear on his face.

''And what if they are a bunch of selfish people who are only in this for money and power. What will you do your highness?''

''If that might be the case I have no other choice then to take them down'' Hearing my proposal alarmed Minjae within seconds, she took a firm grip on my arms her eyes widening in worry.

''Your father is searching for us at the moment. We can't lose time by solving other their promises..'' I carefully took her hand in mine reassuring her with a smile.

''Look around...You think I'm gonna turn a blind eye to this? We need to help these people. Besides if we help this village find peace again and live a rightful life don't you think they will support us? And support is what we need the most right now if we wanna stand a chance against my father.''

''Come on let's find an Inn to spend the night'' Jimin spoke all of us moving our feet in search for a place.

--------------------------------------------------------

Y/N

I know you're here.....I can feel your presence and I know Yoongi and Teya do too. The question is who are you? And why are you following us?