Ch 37: Hands Coated In Red

Y/N

The flowers look beautiful

I have been living on earth for a very long time. But only now do I realize how I never took a moment to look at the things around me. Such small things like flowers could make me stand still because of their beauty. I was watering the flowers in the palace garden but I couldn't help but think about Aria. An unfaithful encounter I had with her this morning. I walked past her..... She didn't say a thing. She just smiled, she smiled in such a satisfying way and I know that it's because she is planning something. Something to get me in trouble...

A loud groan echoed through the garden making me lose focus. I stayed stunned for a moment looking at the water that I spilled on the ground and my maiden dress, but as the sound became louder, my body reacted. 

I followed the sound and to my surprise, the source of it all was a soldier. 

He is hurt...

As instinct the first thing I did was scan around us, the only thing that caught my attention was the glimpse of the same patterned cape the soldier in front of me was wearing. 

Is someone getting help already?

But that person left around the corner fast. In a hurry, I kneeled down beside the person in front of me. The grass and flowers around him were stained in blood and my mind went blank for a moment.

"Help me..." The young soldier breathed out. His heart was working hard to keep him alive but as I looked at the open wound on his chest, I could tell that....he was not going to make it. 

''You're going to be fine.'' I lied while I leaned over him pressing both of my hands on his wounds trying to stop the bleeding in some way.

W-Why am I helping him? Never once did it matter to me if someone died... So why does it now? 

I felt slightly being taken back once his hand held tightly onto my arm. He was staring at me...his eyes bloodshot while leaking tears. It was fear being portrayed in them.

He is scared.....

I'm sorry...I won't be able to save you. I'm sure you have a family...maybe even someone special to you, but...the wound is too deep. Even if a medical nurse would be here right now....you won't be saved.

"Please help me.....please... I-I'm gonna be a father.''

The strength in my hand weakened for a moment. His words did something to me..it affected me....it made a place in my chest...painful. 

What am I feeling? It's not like I got stabbed so why....why does my chest hurt? 

I noticed the dagger that was attached to his waist, while his breaths became more painful with the second. 

There is only one thing I can do to end his suffering.

"I'm sorry... You won't make it. I will end this for you" I muttered slowly. I expected him to struggle, perhaps even scream but instead....he released my wrist and smiled. 

I carefully removed my hands from his chest, noticing how they were stained red. It's been so long since I came in contact with blood like this. I was quick to rip the dagger he wore away from his attire, it was then that blood slowly started to drip down the corner of his mouth. His face was stained in tears and his breathing became shallow.

I positioned myself properly above him the knife right in front of his heart. This shouldn't be a big deal to me but yet my hands were shaking. 

''T-Thank you...'' His words came out like a whisper as I just nodded not knowing what to say.