Private Girlfriend [Chapter 10-Part 1]

C H A P T E R T E N - P A R T O N E

“I don’t believe you,” I said to Kate and Hunter at my office while I was going over a few articles for the Vogue Magazine. They don’t usually come to my office unless it was a emergency so I knew that Adrian must have sent my friends to feed me theses lies.

 “Why can’t you believe your best friends?” Kate asked. “We’re telling you the truth. Adrian was right. Andrea is the one who told the paparazzi that you two were dating and she used that power to spread more lies about that.”

“She’s the one behind the cameras,” Hunter added. “And that Michael kid is just playing you. He’s helping Andrea so he could have you to himself so he could just have you in bed and ruin Adrian’s career.”

“How much did he pay you?” I wondered, changing the subject as I got up to go to the computer’s printer to get some copies of printed files.

“What?” Kate said.

“How much did Adrian pay you?” I revised.

“Molly, Adrian didn’t pay us any money,” Hunter told me. “He doesn’t even know that we’re here. But I know that he loves you, Molly. He’s going crazy right now with out you.”

I scoffed and took the printed files from the printer and placed them into a confidential folder.  “I can’t believe you guys would be on his side.”

 “We aren’t picking sides. We’re just trying to tell you the same thing that Adrian told you,” Kate stated, frustrated of having to repeat herself. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

“Look,” I began. I grabbed my gray Calvin Klein and slipped it on and then I took my gray side purse. “I’ve got a date to get to so I really don’t have time for this.  I’ll see you guys tomorrow.”

“A date? It’s with Michael, isn’t it?”

I didn’t reply to Hunter’s realization.

 “Dammit, Molly! Aren’t you listening to word we’re saying?” Hunter snapped at me with anger.   “No, I’m not listening to the crap you’re saying. Now can you guys please leave, unless you want to locked up in this room and get in trouble with the security?”  

“Since when did you start acting like a bitch?” Kate commented.

  I was taken back by Kate’s words. I would have expected that kind of language all the time from Amanda but not from her best friend. I know that she never calls anyone that curse word if she didn’t mean it or if she was just joking but by the look in her eyes, she wasn’t joking at all.

  “Since you two stopped acting like my friends,” I replied, and walked out the door, not looking back.

   On the way to the restaurant, I kept replaying what happened back in the office with Kate and Hunter over and over again. How could they do this to me? How could they agree with Adrian; the man who broke my heart into tiny little pieces?

  Because I love you.  I’m in love with you Molly

  Those were the three words that Adrian told me back at the party when Amanda spilled red wine all over my dress on purpose. Truthfully, I think that they deserve each other. They’re both rich inconsiderate asses of a jerk faces. I growled softly and steered the wheel to take a right turn.   Oh, he loves me alright.  Note the sarcasm.  

But I’m not going to let him be the topic of the day. I’m going to stop thinking about him and I’m going to have a great date with Michael; the man that really(really in italics) loves me. Nothing is going to ruin this night for me.  

I parked my car next to a couple of cars in front of the Sea Food restaurant that Michael told me to meet him at. He would have picked me up but he said that he had some things to take care of first, and that I should just meet him there. I got out of the car to recognize Michael’s white Toyota Tacoma truck.

I hope that I didn’t keep him waiting too long. I went inside the Sea Food restaurant, and took in the aurora and the decorations.  

“Table for one?” the blonde front desk lady said when she noticed me coming through the door.   “Oh, no. There’s someone in there waiting for me,” I told her.   “But I see that all the tables are full in there.”   “It can’t be. He’s—oh there he is.” I could see Michael’s familiar jet black shaggy hair. “I see him. Can I go in now?”  

Then I saw Michael, in his black and white suit, got up to sit next to a girl at the left side of the table. The girl turned to expose her face. I gasped. It was Andrea. What is doing here?   Then Michael did something that broke me. He kissed. Andrea kissed her back and grabbed on to his hair.  

I shook my head, my eyes trying to betray me with tears. No, no, no. This could not be happening.   “Is there something wrong, miss?” the blonde front desk lady asked me.  

“I got to…I got to go,” I mumbled to her, trying to hide the hints of sadness. I ran out the restaurant, and immediately I was surrounded by cameras flashing at me. Oh, God. What was the paparazzi doing here? They must have followed my car and I didn’t notice.    

“So is it true that Adrian left you for pregnant woman?” a woman wondered with a pen and a small notepad to take notes.   “Is it true that you rejected Adrian more than twice, and that he cursed you out in reply, Molly?” a man with video footage asked.

  “Come on babe, give us a smile!” the men with large cameras said.   “Leave me alone,” I cried. I knew that I wouldn’t be able to get in my car because they were surrounding it so I sprinted into a run down the streets. I could still feel myself being followed so I kept running. I took a few twists and turns not knowing where I was. Finally, I took one last turn into a dark alley. I stopped running to take a breathier. I think I lost them.  

It wasn’t even a minute later when someone grabbed me from my back tightly causing me to scream in pain. From there, I didn’t care how mad I was at Adrian because I wished that he was here to save me.