Introduction

Toothless' POV

I watched as She leapt out from the lava pit demanding food. 

I shivered and fought the urge to just fly away, knowing She'd get me before I could. 

'GO AND RAID THE VIKINGS! BRING ME FOOD OR ELSE!' She threatened, tightening Her jaw visibly to add more effect. 

When we didn't move quick enough, She roared and tried to eat us. Luckily, most of us got away in time. 

I watched angrily as She managed to eat a few of the slower dragons. 

Will we ever find our freedom?

~~~~~~

The vikings had woken up.

Everyone was scrambling to defend themselves. I was watching from the top of a cliff, higher up. A Monstrous Nightmare flew clumsily over to me, he was obviously hurt too.

"Oi! Night Fury! Can ya just get down there already?! We need back up!" 

That's right. 

I am a Night Fury.

I don't have a name or anything, so most dragons called me 'Fury', or just 'Night Fury'. 

But, even if I was the strongest dragon besides Her, I had never stained my paws with viking blood. And I hoped it'll stay that way.

"Hello?! DRAGONS DYING DOWN THERE!" The Nightmare screeched, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I nodded at the dragon and flew off at an alarming speed. I tucked my wings closer to make my signature shriek when I sliced through the air.

"NIGHT FURY!

"GET DOWN!"

I shot a guarding tower, or whatever those things were called. My purple plasma immediately incinerating the wood and stone. 

This continued for a long time.

 Finally, the other dragons were okay to be left alone with, so I perched on my regular hiding spot again.

I never told anyone, but I really wanted to meet a human.

Maybe, just maybe, a human might set aside our differences and become my friend. Or better yet, help us defeat the 'Queen'.

Yeah right, like She was our Queen.

I grumbled, when suddenly something caught my eye. 

I stared at the tiny sight. In the middle of the fire, blood and stuff, a viking hatchling was sitting there. 

The little Viking was a boy, but he was way smaller than all the other Viking hatchlings I've seen. He had scruffy brownish auburn hair with big green eyes. In fact, his eyes were the exact same shade as mine!

I watched as he stared into the fire, he was clearly fascinated.

I was pretty lost into this hatchling. I don't know why, but he was just.... I don't know. But he sure did seem interesting. 

Suddenly he was yanked from behind. I almost growled.

It was the weird red haired man. I think he was the chief of the Viking's Nest.

I stared in disbelief as he threw the young hatchling into a house before slamming the door to join the other Vikings in the killing.

He's heartless! I growled, making my way to the house, being cautious about not being seen. 

I peered through the window. The sight I saw made my heart freeze.

The little Hatchling was on the floor clutching his hand in pain as he sobbed.

 He must have fell on his arm when he was thrown! 

The hatchling soon fell asleep crying. 

Once I knew he was asleep, I crawled inside, and stared around the room. I looked at his arm. It was bruised pretty badly.

I mean, he was probably not even 3. Of course it would hurt!

I picked him up by the collar, placing him on the bed. I licked his arm soothingly. The hatchling moved in his sleep. Relaxing into me as I rubbed his sore spot. 

Soon, my saliva would effect him and completely heal him. 

Then I crawled out the window and flew off.

Suddenly, I snapped into realization. 

'WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST DO?! I'm a dragon!' I screamed at myself. 'But.... he seems harmless enough...'

'I hope to see you soon little hatchling.' I thought flying way.

'I feel connected to you somehow...'