Awkward!~

Hiccup's POV

Drawing.....

Something that gave me happiness on Berk.......... It was so peaceful right now.... Everything is going so well right now.....

*BAM!* "Hiccup, you there?!"

So much for peaceful....

"Dad! You're back! Gobber's not here, so..." I awkwardly try to cover my drawings of Toothless, striking a VERY awkward pose.

"I know. I came looking for you." I cringed inwardly. Dad looked even more awkward then usual, as if he was ready to hug me but willed himself not to.

"You did?" I asked, kinda surprised. "You've been keeping secrets." Dad stared me down.

My heart stopped. 

 "I... have?" His stare hardened. I am cringing so hard right now, but luckily my dad's pretty dense.

"Just how long did you think you could hide it from me?" My breathe quickened, he... knew....

"I don't know what you're..." I was cut off by my dad's thundering voice, "Nothing happens on this island without me hearing about it."

I felt my face pale. "Oh?" I said quietly. "So. Let's talk about that dragon."

I felt ready to faint. Well.... better to come out clean I guess... Even if it meant being burned alive.... or being exiled...... or losing a limb or two....

"Oh, gods. Dad I'm so sorry. I was going to tell you. I just didn't know how to-" A booming noise sounded.

I jumped to the roof in surprise. Were the Gods angry?! Or- My dad.... was laughing!?

How terrifying!

"You're not... upset?" I asked, flabbergasted. Dad's head snapped to me as I cringed at his happy face. He looked back at me as if I had grown another head.

"What?! I was hoping for this!" It was my turn to stare at him as if he was crazy (Well... more crazy than usual...) .

"Uh... you were?" 

"And believe me, it only gets better!" He cried happily, what the heck was happening!?

"Just wait 'till you spill a Nadder's guts for the first time!" Ohh..... he was talking about training...

"And mount your first Gronckle head on a spear! WHAT A FEELING! You really had me going there, son! All those years of the worst Viking Berk has ever seen! Odin, it was rough! I almost gave up on you!" Ouch.... that hurt more than the time you accidentally stepped on me when I was a baby.

"And all the while, you were holding out on me! OH, THOR ALMIGHTY! Ah. With you doing so well in the ring, we finally have something to talk about." 

.........

He sat there staring at me. Awkward much?

"Oh, I... brought you something. To keep you safe in the ring." It... was a helmet...?

He- He gave me a present! No- No way!

I eagerly took the helmet, touched. "Wow.... Thanks...!" Too bad the helmet was for dragon killing...

"Your mother would've wanted you to have it." I smiled softly. I was about to talk when-

"It's half of her breast plate." 

I don't like this helmet anymore...

"Matching set. Keeps her close, y'know?" Too close for comfort actually.... "Wear it proudly. You deserve it. You've held up your end of the deal." Dad continued.

Have I though? I mean... I did befriend Toothless.... A DRAGON.

We stood there awkwardly for a few seconds. "I should really get to bed...." I said awkwardly, faking a yawn.

"Yes! Good! Okay. Good talk. See you back at the house. We should do this again." We should? I mean- we should!

"Thanks for stopping by."

"Glad I stopped by, I hope you uh, like the hat. And for the... the breast hat."

"The breast hat..."

"Well, uh... good night." 

And he left.... Awkward!~  Once he left, I groaned, hitting my head on the table, my face bright red at the word 'breast hat'.

"Why do you Gods hate me so much?!"