The awkward talk

Hiccup's POV

I was eating in the living room while examining my new sword when the door was suddenly thrown open.

"AH!" I yelled, pointing the sword at my Dad.

Wait... DAD!? Oops....

But instead, Dad started smiling like crazy. "It's true then son!" I stared at him confused, lowering the sword.

"What?" My dad started pating my back, sending me into wall. But he didn't seem to notice. "Gobber told me all about your skill with weapons! I didn't want believe it, but when you turned to defend yourself with a mere sword when I burst in, I had to!"

"Wait! Gobber told you that?!" My dad nodded, still smiling.

Seriously Gobber! You said you'd keep it a secret! UGH!

Suddenly, Dad went serious. "Dragon Training. You start in the morning." WAIT WHAT?! "Dad! I told you I don't want to kill dragons!" I panicked.

"Yes you do! It's your chance to shine!" I grimaced. "But dad-"

"You'll need this!" He handed me a axe, shoving it into my arms. I think he was surprised I could lift it easily when he made a stunned expression.

"Rephrase: Dad, I can't kill dragons!"

"But you will kill dragons! He said determinedly. "N-no, I'm really very extra sure that I won't."

"It's time, Hiccup." I wanted to just smack him into his senses by then. So I said, "Can you not hear me?!"

"This is serious, son! When you carry this axe, you carry all of us with you. Which means you walk like us. You talk like us. You think like us. No more of... this." He gestured to me.

I rolled my eyes, pretending not to be hurt. "You just gestured to all of me!"

"Deal?!"

"This conversation is feeling very one-sided." I reasoned, hoping he'd listen. I don't know why though, he never will. "Deal."

"Good. Train hard. I'll be back. Probably."

"And I'll be here. Maybe." And with that, he left.

I banged my head on the table. He never listens!

The only person that did was that dragon. And they were what was 'supposed' to be merciless killers.

I scoffed, more like Vikings were. They always killed dragons onsight, without even trying to see the other side of them!

I didn't know why they raided and killed us. But I always saw this pained look in their eyes, so it wasn't on purpose.

And that's why I am setting off to find that Night Fury in the forest tomorrow.

To get answers.