The Beta

Hiccup's POV

"LEAVING!"

I was back at the cove. I was holding a bag of all my stuff and supplies me and Toothless would need on our trip.

'What's wrong Hatchling?' I heard Toothless grunt. I didn't answer.

"We're leaving. Let's pack up. Looks like you and me are taking a little vacation, forever." I looked up, expecting to see Toothless. But oh Gods was I surprised!

ASTRID?!

"Ah, man... Aggh! What the- What are you doing here?" She sat on a rock, sharpening her sword oh so threateningly.

 "I want to know what's going on." I spluttered, this cannot get any worse!

"No one just gets as good as you do. Especially you." Wow. She comes over and insults me, she's so very nice ain't she?

"Start talking!" Astrid leaps off the rock gracefully and glares. I back off, only for Astrid to follow me.

"Are you training with someone?" She demands, I see her hand grip her axe. I gulp, "Uh... Training?"

"It better not involve this!" She grabs my flight suit, hatefully I might add.

"I know this looks really bad, but you see...this is, uh..." I fumble to make an excuse.

"You're right! You're right! You're right. I'm through with the lies." I rack my brain. "I've been making... outfits!"

Wow, nice job brain! The time I actually need you you ditch me to make up stupid excuses like, 'making clothes'.

"So, you got me. It's time everyone knew. Drag me back. Go ahead. Here we go." I try and make her drag me back.

I grab her hand, but Astrid twisted my whole arm! Again....

*CRACK!* Ouch........ I fall to the floor, in pain. "OW! Why would you DO that?!" I shout in agony.

"That's for the lies." OUCH! VIOLENT WOMAN!

"And THAT'S for everything else." She puts her axe in front of me and lets go. The handle butts my chest very VERY painfully.

"Oh man!" I groan in pain. Suddenly I hear a growl. 'Did I just see you hurt my Hatchling?'

Oh no....... Things just went from very VERY bad to WORSE!

Suddenly Toothless comes from behind a rock, his eyes slit and narrowed. I silently plead for toothless to run away. But it was very obvious that he wasn't gonna do that...

"GET DOWN! RUN! RUN!" Astrid screams. Toothless pounces and-

Toothless' POV

I turned around as I caught a whiff of.... Astrid....

Gods, why is she here!? Hiccup knows I don't like her! I climbed a rock and growled. Astrid looked my way just after I jumped down.

I hear my Hatchling try and lead Astrid away. 

But of course Astrid didn't listen. Suddenly-

She hits him numerous times. I climb back up the rock, feeling my eyes slit and narrow. 'Did I just see you hurt my Hatchling?'

Astrid gasps, "GET DOWN! RUN! RUN!" I shriek, 'AS IF I'D LET YOU DO THAT!' I pounce but-

Hiccup stops me before I could hurt Astrid. "NO! No. It's okay! It's okay... she's a friend. It's okay. You just scared him."

'She scared me?! Other way around actually!' I snort, calming down as Hiccup touches my snout.

"I scared him!? Who... is 'him'?" Astrid is alert now, but doesn't attack me. She voices my thoughts. 

Hiccup looks hopeful, but I doubt Astrid would understand us.

"Astrid, Toothless." He gestured to her than me. "Toothless, Astrid." He said looking at me sternly. I grumble in return.

Astrid shakes her head in disbelief. Hiccup now breaks his hope and was about to explain when Astrid runs and escapes. 

"Da, da-da! We're dead!" Hiccup sighs. 

I snort once again, and head off, 'Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, and where do you think your going?' Hiccup asks, now speaking Dragonese.

'Well, if we're dead, might as well have a last meal.' I grunt.

Hiccup comes over and sits next to me. 'I was just joking. The villagers would never believe her.' I drink some water.

We sit in silence for awhile. 'Hey Toothless. Wanna go for a fly?' I sit up, excited, 'Definitely!!'

~~~~~~

We fly around, whooping in glee at each turn and somersault. Suddenly, I hear voices. 

My eyes turn into slits and I strain to listen and smell out who it was. 

'Look, it's the Night Fury!'

'He's got a human!'

'Lucky...'

I fly away from the group of dragon, only to find more dragons surrounding us. I curse inwardly, we were caught in a hauling! Now we had to go to the nest. Dammit!

'Hatchling,' I growl. Hiccup looks at me, knowing to be quiet. 'We're caught in a dragon haul. We have to go to the nest.'

Hiccup gasps a bit. But he nods, trusting me.

We reach a rocky cavern. 'What my dad wouldn't give to find this...' He whispers.

The dragons start throwing their kill into the dreaded pit in the middle. 'It's satisfying to know that all of our food has been dumped down a hole.' My Hatchling sarcastically says.

'Their not eating any of it!' Hiccup observes. I crouch down, ready for what happens next. A roar sounds out. It shakes the cavern.

Suddenly, She pops out. Her head swallows the food and some of the slower dragons. 

Hiccup gasps. 'W-what... is that?!' 

'I smell a human!' She roars, She sniffs more. 'NIGHT FURY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING BRINGING A HUMAN HATCHLING HERE?!' 

Hiccup shakes in the saddle. 'Alright, buddy, we gotta get out of here. Now!' 

Oh, I couldn't agree more.

I fled out the cavern just in time to escape Her jaws. The other dragons create a protective vortex. 

I flew through the middle. I shriek, 'Everyone! Hurry and get out the cavern!'

And we fly away in silence, traumatized at what we saw. 

'That's your Queen isn't it.' Hiccup speaks up as we land. He jumps off the saddle, and collapses to the floor and sits. 

I come over and wrap myself around him protectively. 'No. She comes from a special bloodline of Dragons.'

I explain, 'There are two different types of bloodline. The Beta bloodline, is what that Monster comes from. And the second one is the Alpha bloodline. The Beta is the Queen, and the Alpha is the King. And both have a mind control power that makes dragons do whatever they say.'

Hiccup nods in understanding, looking horrified. 'Then I have an idea of how to free you and all the other dragons.'

And we fall asleep. Just like the first time we met.