Hiccup

Hello People! I'm backkk! SOZZZZ I WAS IN MELBOURNE! I'm just here to warn you that this chapter has a bit of a twist..... But your gonna have to read it to find out!

Today's the day. And guess what?

I was terrified.

My stomach was churning like crazy, my shirt was soaked with sweat... and I think I might have to have a change of pants soon...

I was at the entrance to the arena, directly below the crowd.

I watched as my father appeared at his place as chief. He was beaming proudly as he marched up onto the stage.

"Well, I can show my face in public again!" The crowd laughs as I wince. That was nice.

"If someone had told me that in just few short weeks, Hiccup would go from being, well... Hiccup, to placing first in Dragon Training... Well, I would've tied him to a mast and shipped him off for fear he'd gone mad. Yes! And you know it!"

The crowd was now roaring with laughter and agreement. Wow. My dad was so nice.

"But here we are." Dad says, silencing the crowd. "And no one's more surprised...or more proud than I am." Wait till you find out about Toothless...

"Today, my boy becomes a Viking. TODAY, HE BECOMES ONE OF US!" I'm starting to think my plan isn't gonna work...

The crowd cheers again.

Gobber approaches me, beaming. He pats my back 'lightly'. "It's time, Hiccup. Knock him dead."

Yeah... I'd rather not...

I enter the arena, heading for the pile of weapons to choose from. I didn't even hesitate as I take the weakest weapon of all, a dagger.

"I'm ready." Not. I mentally add.

Suddenly, the door bursts open. A flaming, angry and terrifying I might add, Monstrous Nightmare roars.

I shiver, she was the same dragon who was caught by my dad because of me on the night I saw Toothless.

The Nightmare climbs all over the arena, trying to find a way out.

'Stupid Vikings. I need to get to my Hatchlings!' I flinch as she said that. I forgot about her babies...

Suddenly she notices me. 'You...' She snarled menacingly.

Now for my plan.

I slowly pull out my dagger and drop it onto the floor. The Nightmare flinches at the sound of the dagger dropping onto the floor.

I raise my hands to try and soothe her, just like I did with Toothless.

'Don't worry, I won't you.' I whisper in dragonese. The Nightmare calms down a bit. 'I tried helping you on the night I was captured. But you didn't listen and you were the cause of my capture. Take your helmet off, and I might trust you.'

I slowly reach for my helmet, willing to fulfill the Dragon's request. "I'm not one of them." I say out loud, and I throw the helmet onto the floor.

"Stop the fight." I hear my dad say.

"No! I need you all to see this. They're not what we think they are. We don't have to kill them." I shake my head, hoping my plan would work.

"I SAID STOP THE FIGHT!" Suddenly, I see my dad raise his hammer. "Wait! Dad- STOP!" I yell.

But he doesn't listen, and sends the hammer down onto the arena cage, vibrating a loud noise.

The Nightmare's eyes turn into slits and roars angrily. 'I knew it! This was your plan!' 'No! Stop!'