Shot down

Hiccup's POV

This is berk.

It's 12 days north of Hopeless, and a few degrees north of freezing to death.

It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery.

My village. In a word, sturdy. And it's been here for 7 generations, but every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets.

The only problems are the pests. You see, most places have mice or mosquitoes. We have...

I opened the door to see a something charging at my direction. I quickly shut the door in time to protect myself against fire.

"-Dragons...!"

Most people would leave. Not us. We're Vikings.

We have... Stubbornness issues.

I ran out the door, seeing almost all the houses on fire with Vikings and Dragons fighting.

My name's Hiccup, great name I know. But, it's not the worst. Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls.

Like our charming Viking demeanor wouldn't do that.

I accidently tripped. A random Viking roared in my face. "ARGHHHH!!!! Mornin'!"

I ran ahead, avoiding the other Vikings as they rushed off to their places like I was.

Viking 1: What are you doing here?!

Viking 2: Get inside!

Viking 3: What are you doin' out?

Viking 4: Get back inside!

I avoided everyone, trying to get to my place during a raid. Suddenly, I was yanked from behind.

"Hiccup?! What is he doing out aga-!? What are you doing out?! Get inside!"

That's Stoick the Vast. Chief of the tribe. They say when he was a baby, he popped a dragon's head clean off it's shoulders.

Do I believe it? Yes. Yes I do

He shoved me away. I took the chance to get inside before I was slaughtered.

I ran into a blacksmiths' shop and put on an apron. "Ah! Nice of you to join the party! I thought you've been carried off!" A blonde said, trading an axe for a broken hammer.

"What, who me? Nah, come on! I'm waaay too muscular for their taste. They wouldn't know what to do with all.... this." I gestured to my skinny body.

"Well, they need toothpicks don't they?" He joked.

The meat-head with attitude and interchangeable hands is Gobber. I've been his apprentice ever since I was little. Well... littler.

See? Old village, lots and lots of new houses.

I looked outside the window for a glimpse of... something amazing.....

Astrid: Alright, let's go!

I unconsciously smiled dreamily. Trying to lean further out the window to see more.

Oh, and that's Fishlegs, Snotlout, the Twins Ruffnut and Tuffnut,  and (dreamily) Atrid.....!

Oh, their job is so much cooler, but being a blacksmith is still better for me. (Slow motion shot of the teens walking away from an explosion.)