Meeting

Normal POV

All the adults were gathered in the Mead hall for a meeting called by their chief.

"Either we finish them, or they'll finish us! It's the only way we'll be rid of them! If we find the nest and destroy it, the dragons will leave. They'll find another home! One more search. Before the ice sets in." Stoick yelled out.

He stabbed a table with a map with a dagger where he assumed the dragons' nest was. (Little did he know that was nowhere near it!)

"Those ships never come back" A Viking called out. Many gave nods in agreement. There were so many lost to those dragons, they didn't need their population to grow smaller.

"We're Vikings! It's an occupational hazard! Now who's with me?" Stoick replied.

There were many uncertain mumbles of excuse. "Today's not good for me. I've gotta do my axe returns." A rather loud Viking said.

Stoick stood up, knowing a way to get everyone to go.

"Alright. Those who stay will look after Hiccup."

Suddenly many yelled of agreement were said, and many arms raised in a second.

"To the ships!"

"I'm with you, Stoick!"

Gobber put down his jug of mead. "Right, I'll pack my undies!" He got up to go, but was stopped by Stoick.

"No, I need you to stay and train some new recruits."

"Oh, perfect. And while I'm busy, Hiccup can cover the stall. Molten steel, razor sharp blades, lots of time to himself... what could possibly go wrong?" He chuckled sarcastically.

Stoick sat down nest to Gobber sighing sadly. "What am I going to do with him, Gobber?"

Gobber suddenly had an idea. "Put him in training with the others!" He smiled. Stoick looked at him as if he had seen Gobber with two heads.

"No, I'm serious."

"So am I!"

"He'd be killed before you let the first dragon out of its cage." Stoick said exasperated.

"You may not know but Hiccup is one of the best warriors ever! I've seen him use almost every weapon! Stoick. Your boy may not look like it, but Hiccup might as well be crowned best teenage warrior in Berk without even trying!"

Stoick stared at Gobber. "H-Hiccup? A-are you serious?!" Gobber nodded solemnly.

Stoick smiled.

His boy might be honored after all!