A dragon Bonding

Hiccup's POV

I trudged up the hill to Gothi's place after training.

Thanks to Astrid, my arm was officially broken, and I needed to get some healing ointments. i knocked on the oak door with my good arm. There was some rustling, then the door opened.

"Hey Gothi." I greeted. She smiled, letting me in.

Inside, there were mysterious and possibly magical things. But, unlike most Viking houses, she had no dragon skulls on the wall.

Gothi gave me a mug of tea. "Can I have some healing ointments Gothi?" I asked, taking the mug. "I'm afraid Astrid broke my arm in training."

Gothi finished her mug and got a small ointment. She gestured for me to give me my arm. I nodded.

This is going to be painful....

Astrid's POV - (Bet you weren't expecting this!)

I stomped my way to the forest, glaring at anyone who attempted to talk to me. Mainly Snotlout.

I missed my chance to hurt the Nadder! And all cause of that stupid Snotlout and Useless Hiccup! ARGH! Am I the only one that can do something around here?!

As I neared Gothi's House, I heard some talking in there. I neared the window, peering through so I could hear.

Was Gothi talking? She can't be! She made a silent vow!

"I'm afraid Astrid broke my arm in training." Hiccup? Something in my stomach stirred up. Guilt? No no no, it must be happiness! Hiccup deserved it! He was the village nuisance after all, Hiccup the useless!

But the feeling in my gut increased as I thought about 'Hiccup the Useless'.

I ran off, what was wrong with me today!?

Toothless' POV

I placed around, in boredom. I shook my head furiously, I should be in the sky right now! Flying like free bird!

But no, I was trapped. A downed dragon.

Suddenly I heard footsteps in the distance. I sniffed the air, My Hatchling! I crooned happily, waiting at the entrance impatiently.

Suddenly, he appeared. He blinked at me, seemingly frozen. 'Hello Hatchling.' I greeted nuzzling him.

I felt him smile hugging me. 'Hello Night Fury.'

Suddenly, a delicious smell came to me. 'What are you holding?' I asked, sniffing. My Hatchling laughed, taking out the best thing I've seen!

'FISH!!!!!!' I shrieked happily. My stomach growled in happiness. He laughed handing the fish to me.

I opened my mouth, 'Huh. Toothless. I could've sworn you had..'

I snatched it up, after waiting. 'Teeth...'

I laughed, 'Oops, sorry Hatchling. I'm really hungry!' Suddenly, his eyes went soft. 'I'm sorry for that..' He said pointing at my tail.

I stared, 'It's ok.' I answered. 'I'll live.'

I nuzzed his shoulder as in to say 'it's alright.' But instead, My hatchling winced in pain. 'OUCH!' I sat up alarmed. 'Are you ok Hatchling?!'

'Yeah, sorry, a girl... broke my arm today.' I growled. 'It was Astrid wasn't it.'

'How'd you know?! And how do you know her?!' Hiccup asked, surprised. I sighed, bringing him over to the edge of the pond.

I licked his arm. Hiccup looked at me questioningly. 'Night Fury saliva can cure almost any wound or fracture in a minute.'

HIccup shook his head, 'No, I was thinking about how you knew about Astrid.'

I nodded my head in understanding, 'Oh. Well, when you were little....'

~~~~~~~Hiccup's POV~~~~~~~

My dragon explained so many things to me that happened these years. I even discovered where the dragon's nest was!

But I wasn't stupid, nor was I a traitor (Well, to my dragon that is). I wasn't telling anyone where the nest was, no way!

He was sleeping now. Hanging upside down like a bat. I sat on a rock, drawing. I didn't notice my drawing was my dragon.

Suddenly a snort gave attention to me, 'I don't know why the other Vikings don't appreciate your drawings.' I smiled, 'Yeah. They keep telling me drawing is a waste of paper and time.'

My dragon grunted, suddenly he brightened, running off. I watched him take a big branch off a tree.

He started drawing doodles and swirls around me. As he past me, the end of the branch hit me lightly.

Suddenly he stopped, he was at the edge of the drawing, looking at me.

I looked around, fascinated. Suddenly, I stepped on one of the lines. 'Hey!' He growled. 'Oops.' I mumbled.

I stepped on the line again, testing something. 'HEY! I didn't step on your drawing!'

I chuckled, dancing over the lines having loads of fun. Suddenly, a breeze went through my hair. I turned to see my dragon.

I wanted to touch his snout.

I lifted my arm, he looked at me questioningly. So, I showed him what I wanted. I put my head down, and my hand up, waiting.

And then, I felt it. Warmth.

I smiled, looking up.

'Toothless' was my family now.

~~~~~

I stood up, it was after noon.

'Bye Toothless, I gotta get to the village.' I said, smiling. 'Toothless?' Toothless replied, confused.

'Yeah! It's my name for you, since you have none. Is that ok with you?' I asked, turning around. Toothless smiled, chuckling a bit, 'Sounds silly, but I like it. Plus, Hiccup ain't any better, but it suits you.'

I pouted, 'Hiccup is great name!' I joked. We laughed, as I went through the gap to the cave.

'Bye Toothless!'