Oh Gods this gets worse...

Hiccup's POV

I was training again. We were up against the Gronkel. At first, I was a bit nervous because of our first encounter. But the Gronkel seemed to smile at me, and I knew she had forgiven me.

"Stay out of my way! I'm winning this thing." Astrid snarled, putting her axe to my throat.

I mean, by all means go ahead, I don't wanna kill the Nightmare! "Good. Please, by all means."

Astrid glared at me hatefully.

You know what people? I don't think I like Astrid anymore. I mean, how could I love someone who was as blind as those other Vikings? Who loved killing dragons, and had a dream of killing the most defenseless dragons?

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up to see my dad smiling proudly at me. I smiled nervously back. 

Guilt twisted my stomach so badly!

I adjusted the helmet my dad gave me that he made me wear today.

The Gronkel flew over to me. 'Hatchling!' She chuffed quietly but happily. I smiled a soft smile. When suddenly, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGGGGGHHHHHHHH!"

I panicked as I saw Astrid swing her axe towards the Gronkel. The Gronkel looked fearfully at Astrid, unable to dodge the blow. 

I quickly scratched her pressure point, making her fall. I sighed in relief.  

"So, later." I said, getting up to leave. "Not so fast!" Gobber said, pulling me back. 

Oh no. The Elder was going to choose who was going to kill the Nightmare. I fidgeted, trying to make an excuse.

"I'm kinda late for-" I started to say, suddenly a familiar axe went to my throat again.

"What?! Late for what, exactly?!" 

Oh I don't know, I'm just late for meeting with a Night Fury who's probably pretty angry right now for me being late to meet him and feed him....

"Okay, quiet down. The Elder has decided." My dad said, smiling encouragingly at me. 

I shook a little with fear. Astrid, who was beside me stood confidently. She stared at the Elder, as if she was daring her to pick me.

The moment came, I was paralyzed. The Elder smiled, and she pointed her stick....... to me.

"You've done it! You've done it, Hiccup! You get to kill the dragon!" WHAT?! NO WAY!

"Ha, ha! That's my boy!" My dad cheered. Everybody started following him, cheering as if the most courageous dragon killer was in front of them. (Which I was the opposite of!)

The teens (Except Astrid, who was off swearing and most definitely imagining many ways to kill- no, slaughter me), hoisted me on their shoulders, chanting my name.

I pretend to smile. Suddenly, an idea came to my head. "Heh. Oh, yeah! Yes! I can't wait. I am so..."