Downed dragon

I was flying over the catapults as usual. I was barely paying attention. I hated raids! It's so stupid!

I was flying up above Berk by a few miles. I hovered there, knowing it was impossible for the Vikings to see me.

I was about to fly back to my perch when I suddenly couldn't fly.

What the-?! I shrieked as I was sent tumbling down to the ground in the forest. HELP!!! 

I tried calling to the other dragons but it was too late. I crashed straight into a mass of tree branches.

I groaned painfully. My whole body hurt, especially down where my tail fins were. I tried getting up but I was still binded.

Speaking of which, how the heck did the Viking throw the bola up so high anyways!? Even the brawniest Vikings couldn't do that....

Well, not that I know of anyway.

Suddenly, I heard someone running to me. I felt my eyes turn to slits as I struggled to break free. No no no no no! This is how I'm going to die?! Really?! By a mere Viking?! I struggled even harder as the footsteps came closer.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I stopped, listening. Hiccup?

Part of me felt relieved, the other felt betrayed. Hiccup was the one who threw it? He must have made an invention!

"Dragon!" I turned my head and saw the face of my crying hatchling. "I'm so sorry!"

His eyes were clouded with tears as he fumbled for a dagger. My eyes turned to slits again, was he gonna kill me?!

But, thank Thor, He cut my binds instead.

I decided he wasn't the one who shot me down. The binds smelt like smoke, and dragon blood. Unlike Hiccup's earthly scent.

I stared at him as he cut the last bind.

I stood up, and nuzzled him. 'Thank you my Hatchling.'

Hiccup's eyes widened, "You can talk?!" I was surprised, "You can understand me?!" Hiccup's eyes widened even more if possible.

He was about to answer when there was a rustling in the bushes not too far from here.

I smelt dragon blood.

' FURY! YOU ARE NOW FORBIDDEN TO BOND WITH ANY HUMAN! ANY DRAGON HERE THAT SEES YOU WILL REPORT TO ME!'

Her words rang into me like a bell.

I stood up and flew away, muttering a quick, "Bye Hatchling!"

But as soon as I passed a few trees from above, I suddenly couldn't fly. I crashed in the middle of a very beautiful cove.

Well, it'll be more beautiful if I knew what was happening! Why couldn't I fly!?

I tried to fly again and again, but crashed each time. At the end, I lay down exhausted. I roasted to grass under me to warm myself up.

Then I curled myself into a tight ball, trying to console myself. It'll be fine..! I probably just hurt myself! I'll be better in no time!

I opened my eyes to see if there were any dragons flying about that could help me. Maybe Stormfly was still here! She was really nice to me, although she was pretty talkative.

But instead of staring at the sky, I found myself staring at my tail. In sheer horror I might add.

My left tailfin was gone.

I wasn't calm anymore, I jumped up, staring at my tail in horror. In distress, I roared at the night sky.

I was a downed dragon. just as good as dead. But the worst thing was-

-I'll never be able to fly again.