Dragon's and Vikings

Toothless' POV

I grunted annoyingly as I tried to catch a fish out of the pond. I came out empty. Suddenly a little thud sounded.

I perked up, maybe it was my Hatchling!

It was him. I 'Hatchling!' I called happily. But to my surprise, his eyes went glassy. I tilted my head in confusion.

He was staring at my tail.

'I'm sorry!' Then he ran away. 'Wait! Hatchling!'

He was gone. I sighed. I stared at my tail, he must have thought that was his fault... I wonder what my Hatchling was doing now.

Those other Hatchlings better not hurt him! Or I'll.....

I sighed, spreading my wings.

Time to try flying again!

Hiccup's POV

"You know, I just happened to notice the book had nothing on Night Furies. Is there another book? Or a sequel? Maybe a little Night Fury pamphlet?" I asked hopefully.

Gobber rolled his eyes in annoyance. Suddenly a fire ball shot at me.

"WOAH!" I said dodging.

"Focus, Hiccup! You're not even trying!" Why the heck should I?! I'd like to keep my limbs thank you very much!

"Today is all about ATTACK! Nadders are quick and light on their feet! Your job is to be quicker and lighter!"

Yeah..... How is a Viking supposed to be 'quick and light' on their feet when they can't even see their toes?

A Nadder hurried past me, aiming for Fishlegs.

"AAAAAH! I'm really beginning to question your teaching methods!" Fishlegs screamed. Huh.... just beginning?

"Look for its blind spot. Every dragon has one. Find it, hide in it, and strike!" Gober revised.

Ruffnut and Tuffnut was now in front of the Nadder. They found her blind spot! Now they just had to strike. But of course, knowing them, they'll start arguing in about.... 3.... 2....

1!

"Ugh! Do you ever bathe?!" Ruffnut complained. There we go!

"If you don't like it, then just get your own blind spot!" Uh..... Doesn't a dragon only have one blind spot?

"How about I give you one?" Ruffnut snarled. 'Viking hatchlings are so annoying!' The Nadder said. She sniffed, 'Thor almighty you two stink!'

I stifled a laugh, as I made my way to Gobber. Vikings do stink, but Ruffnut and Tuffnut surpass it by waaaaay more!

"Blind spot, yes. Deaf spot? Not so much." Gobber laughed as the twins got attacked.

I snuck up on him, "Hey, so about the Night Fury..." I asked innocently.

"No one's ever met one and lived to tell the tale." Gobber said. "NOW GET IN THERE!" He snapped.

"I know, I know, but hypothetically-" I started. A voice interrupted, "Hiccup! Get down!" I sighed, as Gobber gestured to follow.

I ducked down, trying to follow both Astrid and Snotlout. I rolled over, but of copurse, I was too light and the shield was holding me down.

The Nadder reached me, 'Huh. Why do you smell of Night Fury Viking Hatchling?'

I didn't want to answer, after the gronkel,  no thanks! But I did anyways.

'My friend is a Night Fury!'  I answered in Dragonese. Before the Nadder could answer, Astrid and Snotlout appeared.

Astrid glared at the Nadder with hatred clearly in her eyes. She lifted her axe when-

"Watch out, babe. I'll take care of this!" Snotlout came in, shielding Astrid away. I sighed in relief, Snotlout had terrible aim. The Nadder would be safe!

"Hey!" Astrid growled, clearly angry to have missed her shot. Snotlout threw the hammer hard.

.....It hit a column very far away from the target...

"The sun was in my eyes, Astrid! What do you want me to do, block out the sun? I could do that, but I don't have time right now!" Uh huh, and kill all of us. Including the one you want to impress! Even the Nadder laughed!

I turned back to Gobber, "They probably take the daytime off. You know, like a cat. Has anyone ever seen one napping?"

"Hiccup!"

I turned to see the wall crashing and Astrid flying at me.

I tried to find a safe spot, but the whole arena was crashing down! ...And Astrid crashed onto me...

"HICCUP!!" She shrieked. She landed right on top of me, me on my back. Ruffnut and Tuffnut said somthing, but I couldn't hear.

"Just... let me... why don't you.." I tried, but Astrid just kept tugging. The suddenly, she yanked it out. Hard.

I yelped in pain, clutching my possibly broken arm. Then, Astrid hit the Nadder on the snout. 'OUCH!' The Nadder yelped in pain, scurrying off.

I winced, worrying more for the dragon than myself.

"Well done, Astrid." Gobber praised approvingly. Then he walked off. WALKED OFF! Hello!? Person with broken arm!?

Astrid turned to glare at me. "Is this some kind of a joke to you?! Our parents' war is about to become ours! Figure out which side you're on!" She yelled, raising her axe.

I stood there, stunned. Mostly because I didn't know what to say.

But, if killing a life is what it takes to be a Viking.....

I'll be on the Dragons' side.