Can't kill a dragon

Hiccup's POV

I stared in shock in the direction of the dragon. I snapped out of my shock and started pacing back and forth.

"He can talk!?" I furiously started tugging my hair in panic. "The Gods have finally made me insane!"

I felt nauseous.

But then I stopped. All these years...

I remembered that my whole life I've been hearing voices all my life. Were those voices dragons!? Can I really understand them!?

WHAT?!

I was about to faint in shock at my possible discovery when there was more rustling in the bushes.

"Um, hello?" I called. Suddenly there was a voice.

'A Viking hatchling?'  

Hatchling...? HATCHLING?!

That's a dragon! Oh Gods, let me get out alive..! I scrambled to my feet and ran. The rustling followed after me. I looked behind me to see a monstrous nightmare.

"Oh for the love of- Of all dragons I get a monstrous nightmare?!"

'Come back Hatchling!'

I screamed, 'Please don't hurt me!' The words came out like growls, surprising myself so much i tripped.

I hid behind a catapult, hoping the Nightmare would go away.

Suddenly there was a thump behind me. I turned to see Stoick the Vast. "Your all out." I watched him defeat the nightmare as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

I cringed as the Nightmare howled in pain. The worst thing was, I could hear what she was saying.

'Stop it! I have babies back home! Please let me go!'

I stared shocked, the nightmare had babies back home? The catapult suddenly crashed onto a bridge. Then it rolled onto where a group of Nadders were tied, freeing them. The dragons fled carrying all our livestock.

My eyes widened when suddenly Stoick turned to me. He sighed, angrily.

Oh, and there's one more thing you need to know...

"Sorry, Dad."

He picked me up by my tunic and dragged me to who-knows-where. "It's not like the last few times dad! I got lost in the forest and-"

"The forest?! You know it's dangerous in there! Especially in the middle of a raid! If you wanted to get in the action of killing the dragons, you could've at least brought a weapon!"

"Dad! I didn't want to kill the dragons! I simply got lost!" As I said, 'I got lost' the teens behind me snickered. I think I also heard, "He got lost in his own village?!"

Ok, I admit, it was a stupid excuse. But what else am I supposed to say?! "Oh hey dad, I saw a Night Fury! Also, I just found out I can talk to dragons and speak their language!"

Dad sighed again, in annoyance. "I don't know why you don't want to fight dragons! But at least stay out of trouble! Every time you step outside, disaster follows. Can you not see that I have bigger problems? Winter's almost here and I have an entire village to feed!"

I chuckled nervously, "Between you and me, the village could do with a little less feeding, don't ya think?"

My dad glared at me, "This isn't a joke, Hiccup! Why can't you follow the simplest orders?"

I stared wordlessly at him.

My dad sighed for the 100th time tonight. "Get back to the house." He turned to Gobber, saying, "Make sure he gets there. I have his mess to clean up." 

I walked sadly past the teens, but it didn't go unnoticed.

"Quite the performance."Tuffnut jeered, as he laughed with his twin. "I've never seen anyone mess up that badly. That helped!" Snotlout sneered sarcastically.

"Thank you, thank you. I was trying, so..." I replied, looking down to ignore the glare Astrid gave me.

As me and Gobber reached the hill my house was on I started talking quietly. "He never listens."

"Well, it runs in the family." He replied, not really listening. "And when he does, it's always with this... disappointed scowl. Like someone skimped on the meat in his sandwich."

I started to get a little angry, starting to mimic my father. "Excuse me, barmaid! I'm afraid you brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms. Extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fish bone!"

Gobber started to listen, trying to reason with me. "Now, you're thinking about this all wrong. It's not so much what you look like, it's what's inside that he can't stand."

I stared dumbfounded at him. Seriously Gobber?

"Thank you for summing that up." I said sarcastically.

"Look, the point is, stop trying so hard to be something you're not." Gobber said. I sighed dejectedly, heading to the door. "I'm not trying to be you guys. I told you Gobber. I told everyone!"

"I can't kill a dragon."