0.2

S a m e W a y s
_______

WITH A SIGH OLIVIA ROSE TO HER FEET HEADING STRAIGHT TO THE RESTROOM LIKE EVERY OTHER MORNING EMPTYING HER STOMACH.

Wiping her mouth she looked at herself in the mirror. She saw a weak woman, not the strong and confident one she was before when she and Nial were dating.

He ruined everything. She hated him for that but loved him at the same time.

Olivia wanted to be able to get divorce papers and leave his unloyal ass alone. But she couldn't, she just couldn't. Somewhere deep in her heart, she knew he still loved her.

Which is true. Nial loves his wife like no other. He doesn't show it but he does. Just the thought of her finally leaving him made him want to get to his knees and beg her to stay, not that she would anyway.

Olivia pulls her raven hair behind her shoulders and goes straight to their bar.

Grabbing a bottle of vodka she slumps on the couch hearing him getting ready for work.

It was their schedule. She gets drunk and he goes to work, finds a new girl to sleep with, and comes home reeking of the cheap perfume with new hickeys.

Olivia didn't mind. She got used to it.

Nial knew she had an idea where he was late at night. He felt guilty, he did. But he pushed it away. He needed a release to cope. 

Nial stares back at himself in shame. A new hickey left clear as day right on his neck, where his wife could see. He hated it. He hates himself. He didn't know how to stop.

A harsh breath escapes his mouth as he tightens his jaw. He didn't want her to see it. There was no way he could get rid of it in his span of time he had. She was probably getting drunk right now, something he always wanted to make her stop doing.

He knew why she did it. It was because of him. He hurt her.

Buttoning the buttons to his dress shirt he grabs his briefcase with his coat walking past her bedroom. One night he came home to see her in one of their many guest rooms instead of their own bed. It broke him.

He always snuck into her room late at night to give her a good night's kiss. He needed her comfort in any way.

With sad eyes he watched her drinking the vodka watching her favorite show. At least there was some part of her still left.

With pursed lips, he walked away in shame getting ready for his day of work and hurting her all over again.

[E D I T E D]

[K I M M Y]