0.4

T h e  N i g h t
_____

CLOSING HER HAZEL EYES SHE INHALES A DEEP BREATH GRABBING THE PILLS. 

The pills he had no clue about. Antidepressants.

It was all because of him. Her broken heart, at one point she even blamed him for the miscarriage.

She hates him. But she can't leave him, she wants to but she just can't, she wasn't strong enough for that.

Her parents love Nial, learning they broke their baby's heart will ruin them. She kept her mouth shut and for that, she had to pay for the consequences.

"Liv?" With wide eyes, she screws the lid back on and hides the bottle.

"What?" She asks harshly wiping her nose.

"I Uhm—I need to know how long till you are ready."

Rolling her eyes she answered back "Three minutes Nial."

With a frown, Nial steps away from the door and walks back to his comfort which was his own room with their pictures.

He knows she hates him. He regrets it all, every single sin he did to her. He started to see the effects it had on his love.

Hearing the squeak of the wooden door he immediately stands while grabbing his phone.

"Ready?"

With a nod, she walks past his tall figure wishing for a way out of going to this stupid business event.

With sad eyes Nial walks behind her.

"Hello, Mr.Donovan." Nial smiles at his fellow business partner and shakes hands.

"Mr.Smith how are you?"

With a smile, the old man speaks "It's great, and how are you, Olivia?"

Olivia shyly lets her lips go up as she shakes his hand "Doing just fine thank you."

Nial smiles at his wife as she steps back into his arms by accident, he's been needing her touch. He needed something of her.

"That's good that's good, are you two love birds thinking of trying again?"

The broken couple tense reminded of the event, but Nial is the one to break it "Yes actually we have been."

Olivia let out a shaky breath growing agitated at the lies her husband told, if she was going to try again it would not be with him.

Feeling his hands slowly come across her lower back she grows tense. 

Olivia spaces out of the conversation as it soon became talk about business and her eyes wandered across the room.

It was the usual stuck up people displaying their wealth. As she looks she sees her.

She sees the mistress flaunting. With a tight red dress showing her curves, a smirk across her red injected lips.

She felt her husband still. He was scared. The last time she showed up Olivia didn't glance his way once for the past weeks. He couldn't cope with that, he told her not to show up.

With wide eyes, he watches the blonde walk over to them. Olivia squeezes her eyes pulling away from her husband's tight grip ignoring his pleads.

"Nial honey, fancy seeing you here." With a smirk, she stops in front of the raven looking up at him.

"What the fuck are you doing here, my wife is right across the room." He said to her sharply wishing he could throw her out himself. 

Her smirk widens as she tugs at his tie ignoring the stares "I know baby."

Irritated Nial pulls her hands away from him and growls at her "Stop this!" He harshly whispers "My fucking wife is here along with co-workers what do you think you are doing? Huh?"

Amelia his mistress frowns. She thought he wanted her here to accompany him. His excuse of a wife never satisfied him, he never said it but she knew it, why else would he be seeing her along with the others every night. 

She wanted him to tell her to come to the event, to need her. Not want her and throw her away in the morning to go home and play house with his wife.

"But bab-"

Rolling his eyes he says to her "I don't appreciate you here Amelia, you know what your place is and if you don't, now you do. You are the person I call when I need a good fuck. Nothing else." He spits out at her agitated. 

With teary eyes, she backs away and leaves without another word.

Nial rubs his face with his calloused hands, suddenly remembering his wife leaving he looks for her. He knows how much he has hurt her and knowing she had to witness that didn't help.

Nial turned and saw her sadly grab a glass of wine and down it. It was his fault. It was always his fault.

[E D I T E D]

•[E D I T E D]