2.5

H a p p i l y N e v e r A f t e r
_________

OLIVIA WAS BACK.

Olivia had taken a trip to Paris visiting some family members. Along the way she ran into Nial.

They didn't happen to just into each other, Nial followed her there. He needed to talk to her once more after the coffee shop.

Both Nial and Olivia did talk. They talked for hours inside her hotel room. He missed the times like this. It was his fault for losing the times they talked at night about things they were passionate about.

Nial learned more about Olivia during the time he ignored her, hurt her. A slip up happened and Olivia was more forgiving this time around.

"Thank you so much Liv." Nial gives Olivia's hand a squeeze looking into her mesmerizing hazel eyes.

"It's no problem Nial, I'm glad we can catch up." She said smiling with a simple popping out.

It was too much for Nial. She looked so damn beautiful in just leggings and a big sweatshirt. He slowly leaned in and before they both knew it, they were sharing a kiss.

For Nial it was as if being kissed for the first time again, he missed her soft lips. He missed everything about her. 

Olivia soon came to her senses and pushed Nial back "Nial-"

"Liv I'm sorry." He says moving back with a sniff still not freeing her hand "I don't regret it, I love you so damn much and it hurts everyday knowing I can't be with you."

"N-"

Shaking his head he interrupts her once more "I'm not asking you to come back to me, I don't deserve someone so good too me and beautiful, I'm just asking for peace to be friends and maybe one day?"

Olivia's hazel eyes blink up at Nial. She was lost for words, it had been a year since the divorce and it had been enough time for her heart to heal. She didn't want to go back with him anytime soon but friends, that was just fine.

"Sure Nial."

With a grin he pulls her into his arms and embraces her as if she was going to leave.

[2  Y E A R S  L A T E R]

Nial was nervous. He was nervous for her.

Olivia had been going out on dates, much to Nials dismay, but Antonio happened to show up on one of them.

He needed Olivia and she missed him. So the two rekindled and couldn't be happier.

Nial was happy for them, he knew of course he would never get Olivia back. He fucked up big time. Over time he just became happy for her.

Why he was nervous for her was because he wanted the test to say negative. No sign of a baby and they were in the clear but, nothings ever goes the right way in Nials world.

Stepping out of the bathroom Olivia sniffs holding the test and says sadly "It's positive."

Nial lets out a heavy sigh and drops onto the white bed. He was crushed, Olivia was having a baby that was not his.

He didn't see this coming. She didn't either they had only done it once and the two were drunk.

"Nial what am I going to do? We aren't even married." She sits next to his large figure leaning her head into his broad shoulder and cries.

"I don't know Liv but I do know I will be with you every step of the way."

That was a fact.

F L A S H B A C K

Once Antonio heard of the news he fled. It turned out he didn't want Olivia anymore. He was with multiple woman. But for some reason it didn't break Olivia, she was almost glad he was gone.

She had a sense he was using her, cheating on her. But she wasn't the fully innocent one.

She did something she said she would never do. She went to another man for comfort something her ex husband did but the thing was, it was with someone she deeply cared for.

On the night she found Antonio in the act she was crushed it happened once again. She couldn't take it all. So she went to Nial's home.

"Liv what's wrong?"

Silently crying into her hands she walks past him and into the large home.

"Liv please."

Hiccuping she sniffs and looks and Nial "He cheated on me."

Nial was raging. He was ready to break every bone in Antonio's body. But instead he comforted her, something he wished he could've done while they were promised together.

Olivia had a few drinks but not enough to not know what was going on. She slowly put her hand on Nial's chest and attempted to unbutton his work shirt.

"No, no Liv." He softly says putting his hand over her small one.

"Nial please. I miss you and I need you right now." She looks up to him with pleading eyes.

"No we can't Liv."

Straddling him slowly she holds his face with her small hand "Please Nial, please."

Nial gave in. He missed what she felt like he needed her more than she needed him.

The rest of the night was history.

Nial didn't want to think of the baby not being his. He was determined it was his.

"We need to know who's it is Liv, are you sure you and-Antonio didn't use a condom." He spits Antonio's name while holding her small face in his large hands.

"I don't know, we were drunk Nial." She says tired. Olivia was just tired, she for certain didn't want the baby to be Antonio's.

"Well, we need to get a paternity test as soon as we can."

Olivia nodded and fell into Nials embrace silently crying the night away.

[N O T E D I T E D]
A/N
Wow. What a chapter.