Seventeen

"When is dad going to wake up? "

"I don't know baby. It's up to him to wake up, but he's okay."

I wanted to wake up and hold them. Hold everyone in my life and tell them that I was okay, but my eyes refused to open. I felt someone's hand holding mine but I couldn't make the move to grip them back. Why couldn't I move anything? Why couldn't I do anything? I felt useless just lying here, I wanted to move. I wanted to live.

~*~

Today was the day of Liam's court hearing, and Zayn's mother and I sat front row with Kate

Today was the day of Liam's court hearing, and Zayn's mother and I sat front row with Kate. The judge came out with the jury following to their assigned seats. Then Liam was walked in with two officers holding his arms. Chains were around his wrists and ankles and he looked awful. He had bruises under his eyes, his complexion was pale, and he had a slight limp. He made eye contact with me as he was seated and held a sour look, but ducked his head quickly when his eyes met Trisha's.

"I always knew that man was bad news, but in the beginning, he and Zayn were madly in love. I might not approve of Zayn's, um, sexual choices but he's my only son and I'm glad that you are in his life. I'd rather see him happy with a man like you than be buried six feet under from that disgrace of a man." I nodded and gave her a side hug.

"You know I'll always love and take care of him no matter what." She nodded and kissed my cheek in a motherly way and went back to her stiff straight posture as the judge started to talk. He greeted everyone and told what today was about and Liam was called to the stand quickly.

"Mr. Payne." The defending lawyer stood up slowly. He was short but had a strong alpha built to him. "I just want to start by asking one simple question. Why? Why did you go after Mr. Zayn Styles and proceed to kidnap him and keep hostage for a month?" Liam held a small smirk but it was pushed back before he answered.

"Because I love him." My whole body went stiff as he looked me straight in the eyes as he said it.

"So you kidnapped and tortured someone you loved?"

"I never tortured Zayn. That's what we do." The lawyer hummed and put his hands in his pockets and walked over to the table where papers on papers were sitting.

"These are the medical records of Zayn Styles, released by the family in order to help with this case. The day he escaped from you he was sent to the hospital and it was found that he had a broken rib, a slight concussion, multiple signs of involuntary sexual intercourse, malnutrition and dehydration. Plus a week later he found out that he has been sterilized so he cannot have children ever again. Did you do all these acts, Mr. Payne?" Liam's head dropped but his smirk was still visible.

"Yes. Yes, I did. And I had a lot of fun doing it but that doesn't change my love him. Even if does have a different last name." The courtroom fell silent and tense rose.

"No further questions your honor." The lawyer sat down, obviously wanting to get out of here just like the rest of us. The judge brought both lawyers up to speak with him and Kate leaned over to me showing me her phone.

To Kate;

SOS at the hospital. Victim is being transferred to surgery. Heart rate dropping alarmingly.

I gave her a look and was out of my seat at the speed of light running out of the courtroom. Pushing past people roughly I raced to the parking garage to where my car was. Once I got there I caught my breath and felt tears streaming down my face quickly. My car speeds down to the hospital and when I got there it seemed like it was still in drive but in a parking spot because I moved so quickly. I went to his floor to see Payton sitting in a corner of the waiting room and very confused Jace and Grayson. Louis was pacing and crying while Alex was following him back and forth trying to calm him down.

"Louis." Everyone looked at my voice. He ran to me quickly and hugged me.

"Louis, what's going on?"

"He was taken into surgery because all of his vitals dropped suddenly. I don't know what's wrong, they aren't telling us anything."

"I can't lose him, Louis. I can't." I felt like everything was crashing around me and my knees hit the floor while Louis came down with me. I was bawling into his shoulder and shaking nonstop.

"I can't, Louis. I already lost one best friend I couldn't lose another."

~*~

People always say that you see white or your life flashes before your eyes when you're about to die. But what does it mean when you see both? It's like watching a movie of your entire life. From the good things to the things you'd wish you could forget. Things I wish I never had to see again was the night I almost died at the hands of someone I thought loved me. And the things I wish I could see every day, like getting married to the man that actually loves me to be able to see my first child being born. Why does it have to end like this? Why can't I say goodbye? I don't want this. I want to live. Please...

~*~

sorry that this short but next chapter will make up for it...