Chapter 22

Itachi looked surprised but then followed Naruko while calling Sarada to follow him. Naruko nodded her head at Sasuke and Sakura to bid them farewell and then left the compound with the two Uchiha's following her.

Naruko was going to find out the truth no matter what it took.

---------------------------------

Naruko brought Itachi and Sarada in the guest room and introduced them to Tsunade. Tsunade was happy to see Itachi back and then looked at Sarada. Sarada looked at Tsunade and her eyes sparkled. One of the legandary Three Sanin was in front of her. Tsunade patted Sarada on the head and smiled. 

"You must be Sarada-chan! Sakura told me all about you! Man, you look just like her!" Naruko and Itachi looked at each other and laughed. This was so not like Tsunade. But back on topic, Naruko turned to Tsunade. Tsunade noticed the mass of seriousness in Naruko's aura and stopped joking around.

"Lady Tsunade, could you please take a look at Itachi to see if he is okay. I know he's supposed to be better now, but I want you to make sure."

"Yeah, yeah...okay... Itachi, come!" Itachi followed Tsunade out of the room and disappeared down the hallway. Now Naruko was stuck with Sarada. Naruko told Sarada to follow her into her office, since Sarada wanted to see how Naruko worked everyday. Naruko walked into her office and was knocked down by a pile of paperwork. Naruko groaned and rubbed her head. Sarada helped her up while noticing the huge load of papers stacked upon each other.  Sarada laughed and helped Naruko up. Sarada helped pack up all the mess. 

"Sorry, Sarada. For making you do this.."

"It's fine! I actually like cleaning up!" They grabbed random things and started shoving them into boxes. While cleaning, Sarada couldn't help it to notice a picture on the Hokage's desk. It was picture of Team 7 when they were still genin. Sarada smiled and laughed at the picture. The main problem was when Sasuke and Naruko were fighting. It was a silly picture but memorable. By the time they finished packing up Itachi was done with his checkup and was released while Naruko went over and talked to Tsunade.

"How was he?"

"Well, that brat is miraculously doing fine! Better than I expected! He can now do daily activities like a normal ninja, so you don't have to worry, but you still owe me a story of what happened, got it?"

"Yes, yes... And I also want you to do one final checkup. This time, it's on Sarada-chan.. A genes test..I have my own reasons as well. If this test goes well, then there will be nothing to worry about, but if it goes wrong, I'll be speaking to Sakura-chan." Tsunade was shocked at first, because she wouldn't believe that her best student would do that sort of thing but she understood what she had to do and lead Sarada into the medical room while Naruko and Itachi walked outside onto the roof to take a breather. Naruko took off her hat and hung it on her waist underneath her cloak. 

"So...you're doing alright I assume.?" Naruko asked.

"Yeah..Tsunade's checkup really helped. She gave me a few pills to eat for the next week, and after that I'm all set to go. You've got it to leave it to Tsunade to make sure you're a'ok."

"Hahahaha! That's so like Tsunade!.." Itachi noticed the pause after what Naruko said and turned to her. 

"...Why did you ask Sarada-chan to come get a check-up..I'm assuming you didn't tell Sasuke or Sakura.." Naruko sighed. This wasn't an easy thing to tell someone especially if they were possibly related to Sarada. I mean for all we know, Sakura could've cheated on Itachi's precious little brother. 

"Well, it's not an easy thing to tell people, especially in front of the Uchiha family..."

"It's fine if you don't want to tell me.. I just want to help..you know..?"

"Maybe I'll have the courage to tell you one day. I might sound a little selfish, but it's for the sake of the Uchiha family. Y'know, to keep it together." Naruko said while leaning on the railing on the roof. 

They then heard footsteps behind them and turned around to look. They saw Tsunade behind Sarada. Sarada's eyes lit up. The two most admirable idols she had ever looked up to was in front of her and eve more better, Naruko's face was in full view. She looked as beautiful as ever. Naruko and Itachih walked over to Tsunade and Sarada. Sarada went over to hug Itachi. Naruko walked over to Tsunade and walked over to the other side of the roof to distance themselves from the Uchiha's, for a private conversation. 

"So, how did it go?..Did you get results?" Naruko asked.

"I'm sorry, but this is a thorough process and I need time to let it preserve. It will take about 1-2 weeks." Tsunade answered in a very serious voice.

"I see..Thanks for your hard work! Tell me as soon as the results come out." Tsunade sighed and stared at Naruko for a few seconds and then ruffled her hair. She stopped and then they both laughed. This eased the tension they had. They walked over to the Uchihas and saw them off. This time without Naruko's hat! 

The ninja working at the Hokage building were flabbergasted! They stared at Naruko in awe while passing through past them, almost dropping the things they were holding! She was so much more beautiful than they remembered and they hadn't seen her face in forever. Naruko noticed the stares but paid no mind to it. Once they saw the Uchiha's off, Naruko walked back into the building to her office. She sat down and started to go through her paperwork. The first paper she picked up and read made her slam her desk and sweat a little. Shikamaru suddenly burst through the door and his eyes laid on the Hokage. He started blushing and inspect the figure in front of him. 

"Naruko...?!"