Chapter 34

There he saw two huge Susanoo's. A red one and a purple one. He then squinted his eyes and saw who was controlling them. He then growled. Naruko looked over to the Susanoo's. Naruko then smirked.

Momoshiki, you're done for. Itachi and Sasuke will kill you.

------------------------------------------------------

Momoshiki saw two floating Susanoo's. He gave out a huge huff and before the Uchiha brothers could do anything he flew down to the ground next to Naruko who couldn't move and carried her over his shoulder. He then flew up onto a ledge and put his sharp fingernail near Naruko's neck. The Uchiha brothers froze. Momoshiki laughed and smirked.

"You can't do anything anymore, can you? You won't risk the life of your oh, so important leader and friend... Right?"Sasuke tsked. Itachi clenched his fists and gritted his teeth.

His heart hurt.

Losing a friend was hard.

He knew that.

A continuous throbbing pain near his heart.

In his whole life, he was looked down upon.

Being shouldered with stacks and stacks of responsibilities.

Expectations.

But she was different.

She didn't give a damn about his looks.

Clans.

Rumours.

She was similar.

She understood his pain.

She was his only friend.

And it was very hard to let her go.

Everything was hard for him.

She was his only friend.

He wanted her all to himself.

He knew he didn't deserve it.

He knew that it was his fault.

He wished she forgave him.

Even if it was just temporarily.

Just for a minute.

One last time...

I need to be the one to take you home.

Back to where you belong.

Because I don't want to be without you.

Not my whole life.

Itachi looked up. His Mangekyo Sharingan was activated. Except, it was different. It looked more complicated. Itachi's eyes were bleeding. His eyes were filled with pain, yet it had confidence as well. Itachi was determined to take Naruko back. No matter the cost. Itachi jumped ahead of Sasuke and charged towards Momoshiki.

"AMATERASU!" Eternal black burning flames appeared in front of Itachi and charged towards Momoshiki. Naruko's eyes closed.

I guess this is the end. Would've been nice if I had a family in the end. Maybe next time. Heh.

Yeah right. Next time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Naruko's eyes were hazy but she could make out shapes and figures. She sat up and gripped her head. She then looked around her. She was still at the base of the God Tree. She saw two dark figures in front of her. She looked up and saw Sasuke and Itachi. Itachi was a bit beaten up but other than that he was fine. Itachi was leaning on Sasuke with one of his arms around Sasuke's neck. They were sighing and smiling at Naruko. Naruko then remembered what happened and leapt up. She looked around and saw Momoshiki lying down on the ground. He had scratches, bruises and wounds all over his body. His clothes were torn as sometimes shattered near the edges of the fabric. Nothing too bad. He looked unconscious. Naruko looked over to the Uchiha brothers with a shocked look on her face. Sasuke just nodded at her and then spoke.

"It was all Itachi. He almost killed Momoshiki if I didn't stop him." Naruto turned to Itachi and almost started crying. He risked his life for her. She hugged him and whispered into his ear.

"Thank you. Both of you."

Then suddenly Naruko heard movement behind her. She quickly turned her head to look behind her and saw Momoshiki aiming his hand at her and the Uchiha brothers. He was kneeling on one knee with an angry look on his face. Not just angry. What was it? Irritated? Hatred? Venom? Naruko didn't know anymore. She quickly pushed the brothers out of the way and quickly activated Sage Mode and blocked he attack of swirling chakra with her bare hands. She then threw the dangerous chakra right back at Momoshiki. Momoshiki absorbed it right back into his hand and then stood up. He charged at Naruko with a chakra weapon. Naruko was still in base shape so her movements weren't as smooth as before but she barely dodged it.

Unfortunately Momoshiki managed to cut off some of her hair. So basically one said of her hair was was shorter than the other with a few burn marks on them. Naruko looked at her hair on the ground in disbelief. She then calmed down and stood up. She focused chakra into one of her hands and made it surround her hand, making it look like a blade. She then grabbed the long side of her hair and cut it all off so it was at shoulder length. The other ninja looked at Naruko in shock. Naruko's hair was as bright as the sun and many people were jealous of it, but to cut it all off? It was absurd!

Naruko didn't care less about how she looked. There was too much hair anyways. It was...annoying. She then looked at Momoshiki straight in the eye with bloodlust. Or killer intent. Which one? Sasuke and Itachi walked up to her and stood on either side of her. They all cracked their knuckles and smirked.

"Here we go!"