Chapter 26

Naruko's face recovered from shock and she knew that everything was going to be exposed after the wedding. Either there was nothing to be worried about or the big scandal was up.

I will find out the truth Sakura. What in the world had happened to you..?

-----------------------------------------------

Naruko kept a close eye on Sasuke and Sakura. She couldn't trust Sakura enough. From the seriousness of Tsunade's face she knew it wasn't good news. Naruko sighed and folded her arms. It was just about time for Ino to do her speech for the maid of honour. Naruko looked over to Sakura. She quickly activated Sage Mode and saw a huge, tremendous black aura around Sakura. Naruko flinched. The aura was very familiar. Full of pure venom and hatred. It was scary. Naruko quickly deactivated Sage Mode and looked down to her feet. Her head started to feel light and dizzy. Her legs were trembling and sweat started to drip down her forehead. Naruko calmed herself down and sighed. Naruko looked up to see Ino just finishing her speech. The crowd applauded and it was Naruko's time to shine. Naruko stood up and wobbled a bit but she made it to the stand. She started to speak her heart out.

"Sasuke, is a very independent and diligent person. He has spent most of his life alone. But one day Sakura-chan entered his life. She had never given up hope for Sasuke. She cared for him. No matter how rude he acted towards her, she never gave up and brought him home. And now we're here to celebrate their engagement. As Sasuke's best friend, I've understood all of his pain and suffering, which is why, I think Sakura-chan is the perfect woman to spend the rest of his life with.." Those very last words gave Naruko a lump in her throat. The pain was unbearable. She squeezed her eyes and continued on.

"And I hope that they can lead a hap..." Suddenly a jonin came up behind Naruko and whispered something in Naruko's ear. Naruko's eyes widened and turned to the crowd who was starting to whisper amongst themselves. Who would interrupt a wedding? Naruko narrowed her eyes.

"I'm very sorry for the interruption but I have very important business to attend to. Whatever happens outside I would please ask you to stay seated. Once again I am very sorry, everyone." Naruko then turned to Sasuke and Sakura who were very confused. Naruko bowed to them and then stood up straight.

"Especially to you two..I'm very sorry." And with that Naruko ran following the jonin and slammed the door shut from behind. Kakashi then coughed and started to speak into the microphone.

"I am very sorry for the interruption. Our Hokage had very important business to attend to so please remain calm and stay seated." Once the chattering died down he spoke again. "Let's continue."

Kakashi continued on with the wedding. He asked Sasuke and Sakura to come up to the front. Before they exchanged vows, they were supposed to look through a slide of their memories. The lights were turned off and the slide started to play. They were a few minutes in and then they heard a crash outside. Everyone turned their heads outside and saw orange chakra cover the whole church. They started to mutter amongst themselves. That's when Kakashi knew what was going on. He remembered Naruko's last few words and started to take control.

"Calm down everyone. The Hokage is solving the issue outside right now so calm down and stay seated. They all quieted down but they were all too nervous. What was happening outside. Suddenly the jonin who came up to Naruko and brought her out during her speech, came back in from outside and slammed the door shut. He looked very shaken up. He looked directly at Kakashi, bowed and then nodded his head. He went up to all the jonin and chunin around and whispered something in their ears. They all nodded at him and tensed up. A few of them started to guard the door. Kakashi started to end the wedding and skipped the slides. He asked Sasuke and Sakura to come up to the porch. Sasuke was very tensed up and kept on looking out the window secretly but he didn't see anything but orange chakra. He wanted to use his Sharingan but that would've been disrespectful, since it was his wedding. Sakura on the other hand was the most relaxed person in the room. She had a huge smile on her face.

"Do you Sakura, take Sasuke as your lawfully wedded husband?" Kakashi started reading out.

"Yes, I do.." Sakura siad while looking at Sasuke, blushing.

"Sasuke, do you take Sakura as your lawfully wedded wife?" Sasuke looked at Kakahi and paused. He then looked at Sakura. He had a lump in is throat. He had to say it! Before Sasuke could answer, the front doors slammed open and a figure whizzed through the air and crashed on the stairs connecting the platform to the ground. The figure spat out blood from the impact of the crash and then fell unconscious. Sasuke stared at it in horror. He couldn't speak. Itachi was the first one to stand up and run over to the figure and shout.

"NARUKO! ARE YOU OKAY?!...."