Chapter 27

Sasuke stared at it in horror. He couldn't speak. Itachi was the first one to stand up and run over to the figure and shout.

"NARUKO! ARE YOU OKAY?!...."

-----------------------------------------

Itachi rushed over to Naruko who had fallen unconscious. The crowd started panicking. Their Hokage was unconscious covered with bruises and scratches, spat out blood and more importantly unconscious. Kakashi tried to calm the crowd but his attempts failed. Sasuke was frozen in shock. He stumbled back and fell on his bottom. He started to cover his face and breathe heavily. He swore to himself that, when the war was over, he was going to protect Naurko no matter what. He promised that that time was the last time he was going to see her injured badly. It was his fault that she lost an arm. Sakura, on the other hand, was covering her mouth with her hands. She looked worried. On the outside that is. Itachi was holding Naruko and trying to wake her up. He tried to call out to her but to no avail. Tsunade rushed to aid Naruko. Her breathing was very unstable. She healed her to the best of her abilities, but something was strange. No matter how much she healed her, there were certain cuts that she couldn't close up. She tried contacting Kurama but her efforts went to waste.

Suddenly the crowd was quietened by two unknown figures stepping inside the church. One of the figures gave a very leading aura. He had pale skin and pale-blue hair which was kept in a long ponytail. His head was adorned with a pair of flat, curved horns which kind of resembled bulls horns. He also wore a transparent veil over his head. He had delicate facial features and was dressed in a white hunting robe, baggy pants and a single black glove on his left hand.

The other larger figure also had pale skin with short spiky blue-greyish hair, a full beard, and a long horn above his left eye. He had big hands and a burly physique accompanied with a towering height that reached over two meters. He wore a pale blue shirt with back cuffs and a high collar over which he wore another darker appendage with a grey sash wrapped around his waist. He also wore grey pants and black, flat shoes on his feet which were upturned at the toes.

Chunin, jonin and basically anyone who could fight ran in front of the crowd and went into fighting positions. They were very grateful to Naruko. She had taught them that everyone in this village was very precious. They all had families, friends, and lovers. Naruko took good care of them. She was a great role model for them. And now they were here to fulfill her orders.

To protect everyone....That is what I want to do the most.. I have lost a lot of people in my life. That alone is enough, and are now your orders. If I am unable to fight, you guys must protect the village. I will always find a way to come back up and fight again.

Those words were engraved into their minds. She treated them all equally. Those words were the last they had heard from her before she went into depression, so it was very precious to them. They knew Naruko tried her best to protect the village, and now they were protecting it in her place, for her. They were about to evacuate the villagers when they heard a coughing noise behind them. They slowly turned around to see who it was. Fortunately, it was Naruko. She had gained consciousness. All the ninja that could fight sighed in relief. She was okay. The crowd started to gain more confidence, Tsunade was relieved that she was okay, Itachi was holding Naruko up, Sasuke snapped out of his thoughts and sighed and lastly, Sakura had a blank, angry stare. Sakura looked at the unknown figures and nodded at them. Suddenly the smaller figure spoke.

"Fox, you are coming with me.. I have an agreement to fulfill with you.." The smaller figure spoke. His voice was smooth and deep. Naruko slowly got up and stumbled a bit but Itachi helped her up. She clutched on the side of her stomach, where Sasuke's sword stabbed her with. It started bleeding. The figures kick must've been really powerful to re-open that wound again.

"I'm not coming...with you...*cough, cough* Besides I've never seen you in my life.." Naruko coughed out blood while trying to speak. The smaller figure smirked and bowed at Naruko while speaking.

"Let me introduce myself, I am Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki, the descendant of Toneri Ōtsutsuki, the one who tried to make the Byakugan Princess as his bride..but slowly later after that fell in love with you, when you rescued her. Your energy, your carefreeness, your determination. Shame he had died.  I am here to fulfill a contract as per one of the people in this room..in agreement for her to make her dream come true.." 

Naruko's eyes widened. Someone betrayed her. And the guilty party was in this room. She clutched hard on her stomach and looked around the room. She was too beaten up to even use Sage Mode. The crowd started to whisper amongst themselves. The traitor could be right beside them. Sasuke and Itachi looked at each other and used their Sharingan on the crowd to look for any clues that could lead them to the traitor. Tsunade, on the other hand, knew who the traitor was. She was just too shocked that, that woman would do such a thing. Tsunade was about to ask the brothers to check on her when Itachi's eyes widened in horror. Tsunade saw his blood red, Sharingan eyes and it lead up to the traitor. Sasuke saw Itachi and did the same as Tsunade. He looked to where he was looking.

It can't be...

Sakura..?