Chapter 36

Sasuke was about to be released and then he saw Itachi panting. Itachi ran over to Sasuke and panted while he put his hands on to his knees.

"Naruko.."

Sasuke's eyes widened.

What happened to Naruko?...

-----------------------------------------

Sasuke and Itachi rushed over to a room and ran into it. There Sasuke saw Naruko, lying in bed with her arms on her chest. Her skin looked so very pale and her hair was as bright as the sun. There were cables and wires connecting her to these machines. It was very obvious to see what state she was in. 

"Why...is she in a.... coma?" 

Itachi spoke up. "Well, remember that time when we were going to fight Momshiki? Well apparently we defeated Momoshiki and then you two fell unconscious. You guys were rushed to Konoha hospital with my Kamui, that I had just learnt and then you were unconscious for two weeks. But Naruko hasn't been responding well to anyone. The machines aren't making anything better, and her life support isn't helping in any way whatsoever. Tsunade can't help her, and we don't know what's wrong with her."

Sasuke's hand trembled and slumped down onto the floor while holding the railing on the bed that Naruko was peacefully sleeping on. Tears started dripping out of Sasuke's eyes. He should've realized this sooner. It was like Sakura's words punched him in his face. 

Sasuke loved her. 

Sasuke loved Naruko.

And he let her go.

He couldn't lose her.

Not now.

Not ever. 

Sasuke cried. He cried just like back then when he was a little boy. He cried into Itachi's arms. His precious older brother. He couldn't stop crying. He didn't know why. But he kept on crying. Itachi cried with him. And as if on cue, the sky started crying. Grey clouds surrounded the sky and covered up the bright blue colour. Tsunade found the brothers in NAruko's room. And to her surprise, their strong facade was gone. They may look like grown men, but Tsunade saw two little boys crying. As if they had lost something very important. She closed the door and stood outside the room. With tears of her own dripping down. She wiped them away but they couldn't stop. Shizune found Tsunade and cried with her. And then, Kakashi. 

Hinata.

Kiba. 

Shino.

Lee. 

Tenten.

 Shikamaru. 

Ino. 

Choji. 

Sai.

Gaara.

Temari.

Kankuro.

The Kages.

By then there was a bunch of people outside Naruko's room crying. Even citizens of Konoha. A whole lot of people mourning the loss of their dear leader, and friend.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sasuke woke up to birds chirping and the glaring sunlight. Sasuke did his daily routines. Brush his teeth. Brush his hair. Eat breakfast. Shower. Go out. He walked over to the front of Konoha gates and saw people waiting. He walked over to them. It was Itachi and Sarada. 

"Do you really want to go, Sarada?" Sasuke asked in a worried tone. Sarada smiled and said.

"Yep! I really want to become Hokage but first, I want to first find my real papa! I want to see him at least once you know?" Sasuke nodded at her. She was a brave girl.  Very brave indeed. He then turned to Itachi. 

"Do you really want to go with her Itachi? Don't you want to stay beside Naruko?" Itachi smiled at Sasuke and poked his forehead. Sasuke stumbled back and touched his forehead. 

"You know I love her. And I know you love her too. All I could ask for are the two most important people in my life to be happy together. Besides, Sarada-chan can't be alone traveling all by herself right?" Sasuke nodded. Before they left Sarada ran up to Sasuke and fidgeted around. Sasuke kneeled down before her and smiled.

"What's wrong?"

"Uhhmmm... Before I go can I ask you something?..."

"What is it?"

"Can I still call you papa? Even though we're not biologically related I was wondering and.." Sarada rambled on. Sasuke interrupted her and two words that made Sarada's eyes light up.

"Of course."

And with that Sasuke saw both of them off. He saw Sarada running to join up with Itachi and saw both of them walking off deep into the forest. Sasuke turned back around and started walking towards the hospital. 

How many months has it been since that incident? Around half a year. She still hasn't woken up yet. Sasuke sighed and walked off into the distance as cherry blossoms flew across the whole village.

How long do I have to wait until she wakes up...?