Chapter 3: The Threatening Phrase

3

The Threatening Phrase

"Hey, Vanessa!" I said shouting across the school hall.

Vanessa AKA Cobra, part of the purple eye division; both herself and her parents had their legs sewn together by a deranged doctor after Vanessa beat his kid in a race. She survived but her parents died of infection. Being in in a wheelchair, Vanessa is not much of a fighter but she is a computer wiz; our hacker.

"Hi, Nicole, ready for your big day?" Vanessa said wheeling closer in her wheelchair.

I slowly nodded yes and continue to my homeroom.

This is my first day of six grade and I want to make the best impression on this school without revealing too much information about myself.

Just as I sit down, one of my friends motions me outside. I have no clue of what she wanted but, I quickly asked my teacher if I can go back to my locker. My teacher looked very old, almost eighty. I could tell she was a math teacher due to the worksheets on her desk.

I was excused to go to my locker. Felicia was standing in front of my locker with my pain relief medication.

Felicia AKA Eagle, part of the orange eye division; her eardrums had been permanently damaged after being though off a building, because of that that she can't hear well but her sight has improved a lot. I made her our spy.

"Take this to the nurse, girl!" she said loudly unknowing how loud she was.

I took my meds to the nurse's office trying to cover my ears, preventing Felicia from damaging my supernatural hearing.

I doubt she could do it anyhow, yet it still hurts a lot.

There was one problem I faced. I do not know where the nurse's office is.

"Nicole looking for the nurse's office?" Rocky crept up from the pile of random kids.

Rocky AKA Racoon was part of the purple eye division. Kidnappers used an old stretching torture method on her, surprisingly she was unharmed and became very flexible. Unfortunately, Roxy lost her eye due to a failed escape attempt. She is our thief and is also a student council member.

"Yea, this school is nuts! I can barely see the floor!" I yelled as kids elbowed us in the shoulders and back.

"Its right down the hall to the left, fourth door. Wait did you tell your teacher where you are?" she looked closely into my weary eye. "Don't sweat it, I'll tell Miss. Roomstead for you. Run, I mean walk along towards the nurse's office"

Heading to the nurse's office, I clutch my medicine bottle, which I use as a shield against the sea of students. My meds are powerful pain relievers for my attacks.

Even since I became undead I have been experiencing a lot of pain, but it's not my own. I feel the pain of every spirit that goes through me to the other side. Only on rare occasions, I talk to them in private about their problems.

I peeked into the nurse's office and saw Freddy giving his doctor's note to the nurse for her to sign it. Freddy has a different kind of drug than me. He has special gum, it's similar to gum smokers take, just slightly tweaked to fit his specific illness; crazy.

"Hey Nicole, just finishing up here, good luck on your first day." Joking around like this is going to be easy for me, especially me.

Freddy AKA Weasel part of the purple eye division, been injected with chemicals up the wazoo and now studies them. He, of course, is our scientist. He can be nutty from time to time..okay all the time.