Chapter 4: A Meeting, and a Demonic Ritual

4

A Meeting, and a Demonic Ritual

Crocodile was waiting outside with my clothes, drawing, phone, and gloves; Annabelle and Jackson, in hand. I was surprised they didn't attack Chris, but you never know with those two. I quickly got dressed and changed back to normal. We then proceed to walk home.

"Hey, guys! Anyone here?" I said, back at the base, ready to report.

"We're all here, Cheetah!" shouted Bear.

I needed to discuss my encounter as soon as possible but, before I call a meeting I needed to replenish my strength.

Everyone was in their own section marked with indents in the dirt. In the center was around fold up the table on top of a wooden board. I walked over to the table and lifted the wooden board with a stick that hung on the wall in my section. I carefully lifted the board, trying not to bump my head on the table. Then I saw a cooler and opened the lid, inside was blood bags and other raw unlabeled meats that may or may not be human.

If you were wondering, my section is located behind the table right in between Annabelle's and Jackson's cliffs. It contains a small two-by-two-by-three and a half feet desk nailed to the floor, with one lock draw containing all of our files. Above the desk is a small root were I hang the stick upon. That's about it, it quite small compared to the others.

The files contain everything from the basic birthday dates, to what powers and skills we have. I keep the key on my keychain attached to my phone.

Anyway, I steal the blood from the hospital twice a week so they don't notice, the other stuff is Annabelle's. I once asked her what something was, unfortunately, it turned out to be, my heart dissected when I was sleeping the night before.

Yeah, that was an awkward day for all of us.

I opened the pouch carefully so it wouldn't spill. I started drinking it while seeing what my friends were doing. Almost instantly they all looked away from me in disgust. I know it's gross that I drink human blood, especially since they're all humans, except for Annabelle and Jackson, of course.

When I finished my bag, I placed the bag back inside the cooler, then closed the cooler and the wooden board, slipping out from under the table.

"All right," I clapped my hands to get there attention, "Break is over. Now it is time for a meeting to discuss today's rounds!"

Everyone stopped what they're were doing and gathered around the table.

"What's the matter Cheetah, you look like stressed out. Did you first day not go so well?" Bear said concerned.

Everyone nodded, thinking about the exact same thing. Crocodile is the only person in the base that knows what this meeting is really about.

"I had a strange encounter with a human, that I could tell that was definitely human but, at the same time his eyes were grey."

"Was it a host?" questioned Racoon.

I shook my head no.

A host is a normal person that is possessed by a walker or other supernatural creature. Usually, I would be able to have a slight gut feeling if something like that was inside a human.

"It was like someone was controlling him. The person only did it for only a second and at a far distance, so I wasn't able to track down the person who said the shivering phrase."

Annabelle and Jackson transformed back from gloves to human form, ending up on either side of me. Their faces were of curiosity but mostly concern.