Chapter 9: Underestimating Them

9

Underestimating Them

It was Monday, September 12th, the hardest Monday I had to endure for my whole middle school career. This is the day that some jerk dared to look up some dirt or information about me and found him/herself digging into my dark bloody past. So, by the time I left school, I was already crying pints of blood.

It was an hour before the that rondayvoo Eagle described going down by the far corner of the cemetery near a long line of greenery, beyond that line there is a sidewalk connecting to an old run down the road. We were all in position. Bear was hiding in the bushes near the fence on the outside, while Eagle and I hid in two different trees surrounding the corner of the fence. Weasel and Crocodile stayed behind in the hideout, looking though secret security cameras Cobra setup when we first made out hideout, with a spare, run-down-outdated laptop that Racoon had "Borrowed" from a school supply closet.

Speaking of Racoon, unfortunately, she couldn't make it. She said she had to study for an upcoming test. I wish I could have convinced her to come, however, Raccoon being Racoon, she didn't want to hear it and went to the library, ignoring my wishes.

I thought since this has a high percentage of only humans making this deal, that I leave Annabelle and Jackson out of this, but of course, they didn't want to sit around the hideout doing nothing. The only choice I had was to transform them into gloves. I think that was for the best, we wouldn't like them to go overboard or, attack each other out of boredom, for all humanity shake.

The hour before the action, was the most anxious hour of my life! I swear I don't know how Felicia does it. If they didn't come just one minute before, I swear I would have killed myself just to something other than sit in a tree!

Three men turned into the mini woods, one with a suitcase. They stood up against the outside fence, cautiously looking for any witnesses. The suitcase was scent-proof, omitting the smell of only lemon. One of the men with a baseball cap was right near Bear. I covered my hand with my mouth, signaling to be silent as possible. Eagle drew her knives. I saw her and did the same with my blood ax. She made a gun shape with her thumb and index finger then showed the number three.

To translate it into words, all three guys each have a gun. Eagle, as you know, has a hearing deficiency so, her sense of sight has increased drastically, similar to that of an eagle's sight.

Two more men appeared inside the cemetery fence, all of a sudden all three guys started to shiver with fear. Something was off about the two inside the fence, they smelled like death. I motioned towards Eagle, when I got her attention I pointed to the two inside the fence, signaling that I would take them out.

The two men outside the fence, without the briefcase, turned around and started running.

"Hey, are you the ghouls who are supposed to take this package." said the suitcase man as quietly as possible.

You know how I said that if a walker has a permit, I can't attack them. Well, a ghoul is a walker that has a permit. They look humans until aggravated, what makes matters even worse is that they aren't mindless creatures, we actually have to kill them with strategy. The only reason I can hurt ghouls myself is that I am also a hunter, I just don't show it because my cheetah form is more powerful.

It's kinda like a loophole in the supernatural law. You'll never guess who gave me that tip, that's right Jackson. To be completely honest it was more of a slip of the tongue than, real advice.

"Yeah, leave the package and scram human."

"Whatever you say, man." The man said with a shaky voice and walked out of the woods and started sprinting after the other two guys.