Chapter 6: Negotiating With The Law

6

Negotiating With The Law

I devised a plan to meet with the cops using walkers that come through to this realm. When they chase the walkers and fail to capture them, or even touching them, I will swoop in and get rid of them. The hard part will be gathering all the walkers without them attacking and killing me.

I started at three A.M to avoid normal people, on the other side of the town far away from the cemetery, so I could work my way back to the police station and set the "acquaintance" trap. I headed there by shadow, it is cheaper than a bus and faster than a bike.

In order to shadow jump, I concentrate on my destination, jump into my own shadow and I'm there. The only bad part is that the pain afterwards is greater than being hit by a truck. I know what you're thinking; yes, this is a normal thing in my life.

I appeared under a rickety bridge ready to cause trouble in this little town. Just my luck, a walker came slashing his arms at me from the top of the bridge. I morphed into a cheetah and began gathering more walkers.

That day was my lucky day, I found walkers on 5th, 6th Street, and Farwell Ave. I had ten walkers now but, I needed twenty in order to make a good impression, the more the merrier. I could even hear police sirens a mile away. This was perfect.

I turned down a dead end after I found enough walkers to attract a decent amount of police officers. Quickly, I half-changed back so they wouldn't recognize my face and I climbed up the fire escape, onto the roof. Thankfully the walkers paid all their attention to the cops that just arrived instead of me.

"Perfect timing!" I cheered inside my own head.

"There are the little devils!" whispered one of the policeman, with disgust lingering in their tone.

"They are disgusting." said another with a twisted face.

"Keep one alive we need them for research before it comes again." One who appeared to be a higher rank than the others, said stepping out from a group of police officers.

I focused my cat eyes on him, "He is my target." No one speaks to me like that and gets away with it.

The man gave a signal to fire at the walkers. The bullets went right through them, instead hitting the brick wall behind them.

"Idiots! They're wasting their time the more they shot the closer they get. I can't be suspicious." I thought, "I have to wait for them to be close enough to touch the police officers."

"Fall back." Commanded the higher ranked officer.

"They started dashing towards the officers. Now's my chance to attack and impress, or scare them. Whatever works, works for me."

I place my hand on the door to grab something for my weapon of choice, an ax. It was a classic fireman's ax, except instead of a red and white/silver tip, it was maroon red and dried-up-blood black. The ineffectual paint job, made it look as if blood was dripping on the ax all the way to the wood handle. Not only is it highly useful, it definitely scares most people away.

The high ranked officer gave me a look that says, "That's it."

I jumped down spinning sideways for maximum damage. I managed to decapitate three of them. Now on the ground, with adrenaline coursing through my veins, I looked up at the sky and cried a cheetah cry with glowing eyes. I started to slash and hack at the walkers. I will not lie, it's fun killing something that is already dead. I looked behind me to notice I missed one. It was right in front of the high ranked cop. I was ready to kill.