Chapter 14: My Name's not Jackson, it's Uni

14

My Name's not Jackson, it's Uni

With an unpleasing ugh, Jackson lead all of us towards a back alley by the portal. After a few twist and turns, we made it to a regular door this time. Jackson knocked on the door and said the words, "let's party like monsters."

The door slammed open, revealing just darkness. Jackson walked through.

I looked back on my friends, "Go head in, I'll close the portal behind."

The Call of the Animals went inside the door.

I looked up at the beautiful sky, "Thanks Mom, Dad, for everything." I was about to go in casually myself until I heard,

"The portal should be other here, quickly before I lose its aura!"

I quickened my pace and closed the portal after stepping in. While standing in the black space I thought, "that voice was familiar, I think it was Tiger's friend I saw before...Maybe I just imagined it because that's impossible."

I walked to the other side standing behind everyone, except Jackson. He was standing across from us by the door with my symbol on it. My symbol flashed and it was gone. A second later it appeared right on the door I just came from. Jackson than bit his finger and drew an "X" in blood on the door.

"Hey, Jackson do the portals move?" I asked.

He raised his eyebrow, "No, they stay the same. The portals only move if we," he pointed at himself and my left hand, "move them to a different location. But because it's only activated when you say the exact words, and if your a supernatural creature, hunters and witches can't trace it."

I shrugged it off and walked towards the iron door. Garth opened it up with a blank face.

"You shouldn't bring them here often. I'm not responsible if they get eaten." Garth scolded us.

This scared the crap out of Crocodile.

"Come on, please!" I begged.

He let out a defeated sigh, then he made a smile, "Well come In! You are always welcome here."

We walked to the two closest open tables on the right wall. I took the one table all by myself. Wolf, Eagle, Crocodile, and Bear took the other table. They asked if I wanted to join but, I politely refused. Jackson and Annabelle immediately switched places as soon as everyone sat down.

Annabelle reformed in a puff of black smoke in her usual eight-year-old body. Go figure, that Jackson switched into passive form, he hates this pace as you remember from last time.

Personally, I thought my friends just deserve this victory party, I, on the other hand, don't need praise. I need punishment for losing my second family. Garth must have seen my melancholy mood and sat right across from me.

"Hey," he yelled so I could hear the music, even though it sounded like whispering. "Didn't you come here to party like actual..," he stopped himself, "nevermind. Just tell me what's wrong, I may not look like it but I'm over three hundred years old," he gave a sigh as I looked up to meet his eyes. "What I'm saying is that I have seen and heard some stuff. Like one time.."

I interrupted him, "Thanks Gar for trying to cheer me up, but you don't know what it's like to lose your family instantly, then your second family painfully slow."

He chuckled, "like I said, I know what your feeling. I am a vampire, after all, not every single one of us lives for an extremely long time." Garth looked at my blood tears on the side of my cheeks. "Hey, remember the first time you came here. Cuz I do. You were freaking out, not of fear, but amazement."