Chapter 13: The Answer to Annabelle's Question

13

The Answer to Annabelle's Question

School today was great, I got an "A" on my project, and people stopped staring at me and just started to ignore me. People were still scared of me though, and always run away whenever I try to talk to them. I couldn't care less at that point, because tonight we were going to get my friends back. I could tell my eyes were glowing all day long, good thing I kept my head down all day, especially near Tiger.

I got to say it's harder to do then it seems. I mean, I had to almost had to headbutt a wall in order for Tiger not to notice. I kinda feel bad for everyone else because their eyes glow unnatural colors. It must be hard to hide them.

We all went to the hideout to gather our cloaks and masks located in Croc's section hanging on roots alone with a stack or two with magazines behind them. Let's just say those magazines are not housing advertisements if you know what I mean.

I managed to drink three blood bags, so I have enough energy to fight battles and transform multiple times without refueling. Annabelle and Jackson materialized and put on their cloaks.

The cloaks, if you were wondering are made of dark matter, a powerful moldable material some supernatural creatures use for offense and defense, it's thanks to Annabelle we have these cloaks. Oh, the white animals masks, yeah I just bought them on the internet, nothing special about them.

Bear setup the GPS app for Olivehurst, California and we climbed out of the hideout. I stayed behind, staring at Vennessa's and Roxy's sections. "I will get you two back," this thought filled my mind as Annabelle rudely called me up. I climbed up the ladder. When I got to the top I closed the casket and swung on my coak dramatically.

I don't need the mask if I transform into a half-cheetah, it helped on saving money on the masks, so I could buy school supplies for myself.

As soon as I caught up with the others, all of them had black visible veins, except Jackson, Annabelle and I, which were half-animals. I raced to the fence and sprang over with them behind me, ran to the nearest building which in this case was a white funeral building, and off we went.

We jumped on buildings when there were no buildings we leaped on trees if there aren't any trees we would hop onto telephone lines. If there is just flat surface we run on the grass. Because it was the night it was hard to see us in our cloaks.

I know what you're thinking: Why don't you just shadow jump to the place? Three reasons, number one I never tried transporting a human through a shadow before. Second, we need to get our surroundings of the town first, since it's far away before we just jump in. We might up in an unfriendly place or expose us to the cops. lastly, it would take too much energy to transport everyone that I rather use on fighting instead. Besides, it's more fun to do it this way.

"Um, turn left here," called Bear from behind me, as we were jumping on some telephone lines.

"You know it's a good thing that we are extra light on our feet while we are in hunter mode, so we wouldn't ruin these wires!" yelled Weasel from the back of the pack.

"Shh," Eagle said right next to him, "Even I can hear that you're loud."

"Quiet, all of you. do you want to get caught?" Jackson commanded rudely, growling.

"Still, even if we don't break these, I bet we will case some annoying static." Croc stopped to think "...in that case can we stop by David's house, he owes me five bucks and I want to ruin his winning streak."

"This is a serious matter could you all be serious and keep a lookout!" I howled.

I know that they mean well, and seriousness is not any of our styles, except maybe Jackson of course, but sometimes it's what keeps them safe.