Chapter 17: We are the Demons and they are the Angels

17

We are the Demons and they are the Angels

"What's with the red sky?" asked Raccoon.

"Yeah, he did what, wolf?" said Vanessa.

Jackson answered, "He, or rather my half-sister has completed the Red Moon ritual."

"English!" Bear screamed, put up with all the ancient riddles.

"The Red Moon ritual is one of the most difficult complex demonic rituals one could perform." Jackson looked towards me, frightened and surprised, "The whole purpose of the ceremony is to open a hole in the dimensions to the underworld on the reflection of the moon, thus making it red.."

"What would that do to this world?" Eagle blurted, cutting Jackson off.

"Nothing, it just makes the moon look like a harvest moon."

"Than what does it do? I mean turning the moon red in all is cool but, pointless if you tell me," said Freddy.

"You said the reflection of the moon, so than that said "hole" is only on the part of the atmosphere that the moon covers," stated Roxy.

"Oh okay. It's not really turning the moon red." Chris tried desperately to comfort himself.

"Yeah, but remember, even if the entire moon isn't red," Roxy begin to walk in circles, "The area of the atmosphere it covers, is massive!"

"Um, guys!" cried Bear.

We all looked at him, with concern.

"Let Wolf finish."

"Thank you." Jackson continued, "Now here's the thing," he gave a long pause, "the red moon isn't actually the real moon."

"What?" Cried Cobra. "What do you mean it's not the real moon?"

"I'm saying, that the portal, or whatever you humans want to call it, is a portal to the underworld. It is so hard to perform because this is the Underworld moon."

"How is that possible?" I asked.

Jackson snapped with frustration, "Stop! There is no more time for any more ridiculous questions! The ritual is supposed to use the Underworld moon's light to enhance demonic powers, or in this case, restore Balor to his former glory."

"Why didn't you say that in the first place! We have to go now before he gets too powerful," Yelled Cobra.

"Yeah, that also means that Annabelle can get stronger too," Eagle stated in fear.

I didn't know what was worse at this point; Balor getting his powers back, or Annabelle having a plan with this demonic light!

We ran towards the last room, our room. How ironic that he chose the same room I resurrected in. This was planned. Behind me was my gang, everyone stood in twos, their eyes all glowing and veins pitch black, weapons at ready.

When we got halfway, Christopher cried, "Stop!"

Everyone looked at him with curiosity.

"One thing I don't understand."

"Make it quick," said Cobra.

"Aren't Fomorians made from demonic means, wouldn't they celebrate not hide?"

No one knew, not even Jackson.

"Who cares, we got to go!" yelled Roxy, "I mean the whole thing is confusing and doesn't make sense! We are about to go up against a... Whatever, that has a bounty from the Devil himself!" I saw all of them scared out of their minds. I had to do something. Nothing could be done to help them, but say a little speech before we continue.

"Hey guys, I got a thought."

"Spill it, Nicole," Bear said with a smile.

I know he believed in me. All of them did.

"If those undead creatures were the angels since they hid like the riddle stated, do you know what this means?"

The Call of the Animals all smiled. I decide to say what we were all thinking,

"When the angels hide in what little light is left, the demons come out to play and dance in the darkness. And boy, do we looked like demons right now!"

I made my own cry, a cross between a banshee and a cheetah. It was so loud it hurt Jackson's ears. I had my ax on my left shoulder and a devilish grin on my face.

We continued running and finally got the door. I was about to turn the nob. All of a sudden Jackson placed his hand on mine.

"I know you want to your friends to help you, but this is different."

I brushed his hand off and then he swung me around.

"You are going up against a God, Nicole! If they go too, your family will die. Believe me, the last thing I want is for them to do is die as much as you. So please, keep our mortal family out of this."

I stared at Jackson's orange glowing eyes, he was being serious about us being his family. Everyone else grew furious.

"Are we just going to stand here doing nothing? Nicole is our family as much as we are her's," Bear wanted to help me.

"There is one thing that could help.."

"Anything!" yelled Eagle.

"Roxy remember you went through Nicole's door."

"Yeah it was weird," said Roxy.

"I understand, if we go inside Nicole's back then none of us will get harmed," exclaimed Weasel.

"But how would that help her" Eagle asked.

"It just will." Jackson turned his attention towards me, "Nicole open a shadow, a large one."

I did, my shadow grew three times its usual size.

"Okay no think of the door on your back, picture going inside it. A forever void."

The image of nothing but empty space conceived in my mind, they preceded to drop in. First Vanessa was helped in, then Benjamin and Cobra's wheelchair squeezed through. Next Freddy, Christopher, Felicia, and finally Roxy. My friends were safe but and gone, except they weren't gone. I feel them like guardian angels watching over me. They are here and are going to help me.

"Okay anything else," I asked.

"Nope."

I turn of the nob.