Chapter 15: All Alone

15

All Alone

The lights when on, revealing something cloaked right behind Felicia. I took it off. Underneath the dreaded thing was an electric chair. If Eagle would have continued her the horrible fantasy...

I still don't want to think about that.

Annabelle's laughter took shape to reveal her long black hair, pale skin, black matter boots, and a new violet sweatshirt that says: CA Shores that makes it look like she isn't wearing any shorts underneath. Eagle and I chase after her through the asylum. Annabelle lead us back to the entrance.

I was faster than Felicia and ran in front of her, I got out the door, and it shut behind me, leaving Felicia still in there. I heard an echoing scream followed by a laugh, then nothing. It was silent.

I banned the door cursing everything, blood stained my tank top. I begged and begged for this to be all a dream like a little kid would.

"Why, why? He was just after Annabelle, Jackson, and I...I guess he couldn't kill us, but still why drag normal humans into this!"

I just sat by the door hoping someone would come out. Maybe I was there for hours upon hours, I didn't notice. The sun was directly in my eyes when I took my gaze towards the sky. As my eyes fell on the ground I noticed spirits standing in front of me.

"No wonder I didn't feel anything for the past hour or two." I thought to myself.

There was hundreds or thousands of them, starring with censuring faces. One of them, a nerdy teenage girl with glass, walked up to me.

"Hey why are you crying?" she asked with a soft voice. She knelt down next to me.

I snapped out of frustration, "Why do you care, you're dead there is nothing you can do!"

"You know, if people asked me what was the problem was when I was alive, I wouldn't have killed myself."

Silence.

"Now, don't feel bad for me. It was my decision."

I sat quietly, listening, even though I was still crying.

She looked at my sobbing face. "Rumor has it when spirits see you if only for a second, they see a strong girl fighting against the odds. Is that true?"

"No, I'm as weak as weak can be. I couldn't even save my friends. I'm the worst Spirit Anchor in all existence."

"We think you're awesome, but seeing you like this gives us little hope and makes people feel bad that we transfer more pain to you." She stopped to scratch her head. "What I'm trying to say is that you make spirits happy to pass on."

I looked away.

"It just basically says someone knows your suffering."

I wiped my face, while some thoughts crossed my mind. "Thank's..."

"Grace."

"Thank you Grace," I stood up and saw souls smiling, cheering me on as more can. "everyone, for making me see what I've been missing. I'm the most powerful supernatural creature in the world. The Spirit Anchor. Time to act like it!"

Grace gave a gentle smile then went back into the crowd.

The spirits all placed their hands on each other's shoulders. After they all passed through me, I prepared for the worst feeling in my life, but warmth wrapped around me like a mother's hug. All while thoughts the came to my mind before, swarming inside my head:

Everything, everything wasn't about me. It was always about The Call of the Animals. My nightmare, my weakness was always in theirs. I was so afraid of being alone again, like when it was at Heaven's gate, that it blinded my eyes. Now, I have to prove why I was chosen, a child at such a young age. All my torment in my past was all so I could understand the pain of others, time to put that to the test.