Chapter 16: Shedding my Human Skin

16

Shedding my Human Skin

The hallway in front of me was long and contained doors labeled with different types of addiction or counseling you could have.

You think I would morph into a cheetah, but no. I want to face Balor with me. I want him to see the pain in my eyes, so I could warn him of his own coming suffering. He needs to see the four-year-old girl who he commended for her parents to be burned alive in front of her. The same girl he made a cannibal, a monster.

Fomorians came out at me in all directions. I did the same. I took out my blood ax and started swinging, yelling fiercely in anger.

The first wave was still in the lobby. It consisted of more of those demonic dolls we ran into early. They were easy, one swing of my ax and off with their heads.

(Okay, fine. I'll stay serious to keep a dramatic/blood rushing effect).

I continued walking and opened the first door. The second wave consisted of dead stray animals from hamsters to dogs. The dead pets were easy kills, except for the dogs. The four Fomorian dog's mouths were not their own, their jaws opened like an octopus's mouth revealing multiple rows of teeth. They charged towards me. I did the same, making an even louder, scarier growling noise.

I tripped over a snake while running, it wrapped around my legs and many more revealed themselves from the vents pinning me to the ground. The dogs pounced and began to eat me alive, as the other smaller dead pets still left ate at my sides. The pain was familiar like always, but more terrifying as the eyes of the creatures become pure bloodlust.

The tearing of skin from my body was making me weak, even with my regeneration, it was not enough to feed all these animals hungry. Their hungry couldn't be satisfied. The feast was eternal.

"My human body can't handle this if I'm only on wave two. The best decision would be to change, yet I can't."

They've got to my stomach, my extra flesh. If I didn't, I could have possibly changed back. They have eaten my whole body and when it grows back as they were eating, the stronger it got. My strength was about to give, that is when my instincts came in storming in like a tsunami.

I opened my shadow on the ground, quickly falling inside. Then as the light came clear a monster came out, swinging. My skin was paler than white, my strength to maximum. The flow of my movement made me see that my hair had grown in length.

I crushed most of the small animals with my feet and dazed the dogs. The little Fomorian abandoned pets that were still alive had no sense of smartness and jumped at me immediately. On swing and they died, just like hitting a bunch of softballs. When the dogs finally got up they attacked in unison. Two attacked directly, as soon as their jaws opened, I used the handle of my ax to stop their bite, and though them to the side. The impact crushed their rib cages, giving another one the opportunity to jump on my back. Bad for him, that I have a door there. Long Pink slimy things that looked like tongues dragged him inside. I heard him yip and try to escape. I ended his misery and use my ax to stab him in the spin. The ax disappeared inside my back with the dog, leaving me to deal with the last one barehanded.

This one came from the right side. I grabbed him by his upper jaw and lower part of his neck, and swang to the other side.

His body hit the wall, slowly moved to the ground staining the wall red. It was just his body, his head was still in my left hand. I began to walk out while trying to take his brain out of his skull. I through the head back into the room, slammed the door, then went on to the next door, eating the undead dog's brain nonchalantly.