Disaster Clings

Jareth's POV

I am now facing the high king and father and gracefully bowed to him. He still has he's striking looks and presence. He has bright golden hair, and eyes while my mother has long silver hair. Both fair, young, powerful, cunning and mischievous.

They were sitting in their thrones that we're equally in height for them made of finest pure gold and gleaming crystals and diamonds. My mother was wearing her long light purple gown while my father in his blue sleeves covered in the finest silk of indigo.

"High King Oberon Sidhe and High Queen Titania of Avalon, I the Goblin King have---" I was cut off by my mother.

"Come on Jareth...no ones in court today don't act so formal. We're your parents, something must be up if you're all dress up! "

"Even you are mother. What's the occasion? "

"Oh I can't believe it Oberon our son have chosen a bride! " the mother clasped her hands in glee.

"Wait.... how did you know? " I was shock I never told anyone even my younger brother!

"Jareth you know you're grandfather can't contain himself! We're all waiting for this! So is she a Fae?"

"Father, Mother I don't mean to be rude but I ask your permission to marry a mortal. "

They once huge smiles we're now shut and terribling. I found them both dumbstruck dear heavens don't tell me they weren't please because I'm choosing a mortal to be my bride but it can change I can turn her into a fae like grandfather but the problem was it was just like an immortality gifted with a bit of magic. Human brides were common but they're were weaker in power and magic so their offsprings are the same which are now the lower ranking Faes or the townspeople in the Avalon. 

My father can't access pure magic like the others,  that's why he married my mother in order to save the Goblin King lineage lucky my mother agreed after countless flirting and gifts. They both found themselves in love.

The queen was a pure blooded fae so was my father but only not as great than my mother. In truth women who has descended from the makers we're powerful and lucky my mother's great grandmother was once married to a maker. He wasn't all powerful like the royal family but those lineage can be rare.

Makers we're hard to flirt, our kind though try to persuade them but they we're to smart about that. They often disguise as humans and did it very well. Now they are believe to be extinct leaving us vulnerable to some dark Faes since they were more powerful it was they're job to balance the light and darkness from being entangle by closing the portals. Now it was my job to set things out but my priority right now is taking my parents permission.

"Jareth..... "

I knew it. It was a no, Of course what was they're answer they couldn't afford to have disgrace in the family blood anymore.

"Please understand Father if you won't agree then I'll gladly take off the crown. I won't even interfere with Faes. I will leave and be a human even if it means to be with her." I was crying for pleas.

My mother couldn't look at me. She keep looking down. They wanted me to have a powerful heir in order to keep the balance. True I did have flirts with some Fae women but they were just too obstinate and dramatic. They don't even come to close with children. They we're monsters, I mean as a goblin queen you must know how to take care one because of my job of taking wish away children then give them off to neighbouring kingdoms who would glady accept them.

The last time I made a competition about it they didn't last a minute of keeping an eye on the children nor were they at least kind and understanding to my subjects. I was a Goblin King not a fancy sparkling Fairy Prince nor a every perfect Elf which I was both but that isn't the point.