Abandoned (Elijah)

Imagine you're parents abandoned you and Elijah finds you and takes you in.

You sat on the bench your mommy had told you to wait on. It was getting cold but you were sure she'd be here soon. You pulled scrunched up price of paper she had left with you, out of your pocket and examined it.

You only recognised a few of the words but one definitely stuck out, Y/n. That was your name and you'd tried to write it down all the time to impress your mommy.

She got sick of it. And you had seen it in fancy writing when your mommy's boss gave you a present for your birthday.

"Excuse me?"

You looked up to see a tall man with brown hair and brown eyes. He looked very serious and wore a suit like he was going to wedding, or a funeral or maybe a fancy job! He looked important.

"Hello," You smiled, "Have you seen my mommy, she told me to wait here."

Maybe she'd sent him to find you?

"How long have you waiting for your mother," he asked.

"Since breakfast," You said, "she was wearing this red dress and-"

"It's 6 o'clock," the man said.

"Is that bad?" You frowned.

You shivered because of the cold, your mommy would be here soon, right? Yes she'd been gone for a while but you'd spent most of the time in the park.

"No, no," he murmured, "that just means you've been waiting here for a long time."

"OK," You swung your legs, "I'm Y/n."

"How old are you, Y/n," He asked.

You frowned and looked at your fingers.

"Four," You nodded, determinedly.

"Did your mother leave anything with you?" The man questioned.

"She left me this paper," You showed him the note, "But I can't read yet."

"May I look?" He asked.

You nodded and handed it to him very carefully, "Don't break it."

"Thank you," he muttered and read over it, "I'll try not to."

His eyes widened as he read over note, you frowned wondering what so bad about the note. What did it say? You repeated this question to the man.

"I think you should come with me," He frowned.

You remembered what your mommy's boss told you, you couldn't go with strangers.

"Nuh uh," You shook your head, "Stranger Danger."

"Well, we're certainly not strangers," He gave a weak smile, "We just had a conversation."

"I don't even know your name!" You exclaimed.

"How rude of me," he smiled, "I am Elijah Mikaelson."

"OK, we can be friends now!" You grinned.

Yeah, that was how it worked right? It was safe now because you're friends?

"No stranger danger?" Elijah raised an eyebrow.

You nodded and he picked you up. You snuggled into his chest, he was a lot warmer than what you thought he'd be, you felt yourself drifting off.