A Thousand Years (Part Two)

Klaus buckled Hope into the car seat and turned to leave.

"Daddy?"

The hybrid turned back and smiled brightly at the toddler. Hayley watched from a distance, smiling.

"Yes, sweetheart?" He stroked her head softly.

"Where we gowing?" The baby looked up at him with her wide blue eyes.

"You, Love, are going to be staying at your Grandma Mary's," He smiled at her softly, "While Daddy, Uncle Elijah, Aunt Freya and Mummy are going to sort out some business. Is that OK with you, Sweetheart?"

The little girl nodded slightly and began chewing on her shirt.

"OK, Hope, say goodbye to Daddy, now." Hayley approached them.

"Bye Bye, Daddy," Hope waved to Klaus.

"I love you," he bushed his lips again her soft hair, "Goodbye Hope."

"I wuve you," Hope wrapped her small chubby arms around his face.

He smiled at her and she lent forward and pecked his nose. Klaus chuckled softly and pulled away. He closed the door and the toddler waved from inside the tinted window.

"You're a good dad, Klaus," Hayley smiled at their child.

"And you, Little Wolf, are a better mother," Klaus stood next to her, "I couldn't imagine anyone better to raise her."

Hayley shook her head, smiling.

"I'll be back soon," Hayley said, climbing into the car.

"I'll see you soon, Little Wolf," Klaus nodded to the mother of his child.

She began to drive away and Klaus waved at the slowly disappearing car, answering Hope's own waves.
-----------------
Hayley pulled the child out of the car seat and carried her to the hut on the hill.

She smiled as she saw Mary.

"I'm so sorry for short notice," Hayley exclaimed, bouncing Hope in her arms, "but something came up."

"Something always comes up in that family," The elder waved her hand in a dismissing way, "but I just have to accept that your just as much apart of it as you are mine."

Hayley looked down, thinking of her dead husband, but just like her and Klaus said, she needed to move on.

"I miss him," Hayley whispered.

"We all do," Mary grasped the hybrid's shoulder, "but Jack wouldn't want us to let that define us. He loved you, yes but he would want you to let him go. He'd want us all to let him go."

"Jack!" Hope exclaimed.

Hayley gasped.

"Can I have my granddaughter?" Mary seemed to have ignored the girls exclamation, she reached out for Hope.

Hayley looked down at the little girl.

"Momma has to go now," Hayley smiled sadly at her baby, "I'll be back soon, and I'll call you to say goodnight. I love you, baby girl."

"I wuve you, Mommy," Hope cried and let Mary take her.

Hayley waved and then walked away.
------------------------------------------------------
A/n

Hey guys, I know there was no reader moments in this one but I just really wanted there to be some meaningful moments between Klaus and Hope. I promise you will be in the next one.