Compelled {Klaus and Lucien} pt 4

You curled up on your friend's couch. Sometimes you'd think that you were fine until something reminded you of him, and then you'd start crying again.

You couldn't help but but feel sorry for yourself. What had you done that was so bad to deserve this, what terrible thing had you'd done in your life to deserve Lucien ruining your relationship with Klaus.

You were nothing without him.
___________________________________

Klaus sat on his bed, watching his Hope sleep.

He deserved this, he was a cruel sadistic monster. He deserved to suffer, he should've realised that karma would catch up to him and ruin some of the only happiness he had left. The original stroked the little girl's hair wondering when she'd leave him too.

The dirty blonde had truly thought that your love had been sincere. What had he done wrong there? You were such a caring person, what had brought something like this on?

Something that had made you give your engagement ring to the man he despised the mos-

Wait. Klaus froze. That ring had been seeped in vervain, without it you would've been without protection to another's compulsion. Even if they were to compel you to cheat on your beloved. No wonder why you'd acted that way that terrible night.

Klaus jumped up off his bed, Hope stirred and his eyes drifted to her.

"Daddy?" She frowned, sitting up and rubbing her eyes, "You goin'?"

"Yes, sweetheart, c'mon I'll put you to bed," He lifted the girl into his arms.

"Y/n?"

"Yes, I'm going to get Y/n."
____________________________________

A knock on your friends door couldn't even pull you out of your wallowing. You pulled yourself into a tight ball.

"Y/n?"

You froze. That voice. The voice that had told you to leave, that voice that wouldn't hear you out. That voice that you couldn't live without.

"N- Klaus," You corrected yourself, you sat up, wondering if you were hearing things, "Is that really you."

"Love," he seemed relieved that you'd answered him, "Yes...it is I."

His voice, even though it was muffled by the door, sent a feeling through you. The adrenaline that you'd grown to be addicted to. While others jumped out of planes to feel this way all you had to do was hear Klaus Mikaelson's voice.

You wondered if this was just some elaborate hallucination that your mind had made up because you missed the man so much, just like Bella had done with Edward. Or maybe it was a dream, you smiled a little, a really nice dream.

"Can you open the door please, I would like to talk," He said, a little louder before.

You walked over, convinced that this was a dream and opened the door. He stood there with broken looking eyes.

You began to cry, by cry you meant full out sobbing. You fell into his arms. He held you close, almost crushing you but you didn't mind. He proceeded to whisper sweet nothings into your ears and tenderly kiss your forehead.

"I'll never doubt you again, Love."