Haylijah AU

"Elijah, I need you to get to the hospital...leave Hope with Freya or something...I just need you here.."

Elijah listened to his loves voice, in the recording it was shaking, as if she was crying. He began to tremble.

"You remember when I was little I had cancer..." He remembered Hayley murmuring into his arms, "They said it came back."

He felt the wind attempt to brush the tears away. He let them drip down his face. It was a beautiful day but it killed him inside.

"Elijah..." Her skin was pale, her eyes fluttering, she seemed so frail, "You have to let me go...You can't hang on forever."

"You will live, Hayley," he knelt by her bed sobbing, "You have to."

"I'm dying, Elijah," Hayley coughed, "I'm trying to live but I'm dying."

"I can't live without you."

"You have to," The normally headstrong woman exclaimed, "Do it for me, for Hope. She doesn't deserve to see me like this, you saw what happened with her Dad. She watched him die, Elijah! I can't let her see me like this..."

He cried.

"Promise me that you won't follow me," she whispered, he heard the heart beat monitor slow, "Find someone else, just like I found you..."

She was referring to her previous husband, Jackson and her lover, Hope's father and Elijah's brother, Niklaus.

"You...were...my greatest...love."

"NURSE!!!!"

Elijah fell to his knees.

"I can't do this Hayley!" He exclaimed, "not without you."

Soft steps approached him.

"Uncle Elijah," he turned to see his 15 year old niece/step daughter approach him.

"Hope," he whispered.

She began to shake, her bright eyes showed her determination not to cry that reminded him of her mother. And when he saw the tears fall all he could see was his brother. He stood up.

He pulled her into his arms. Realising that he had both Hayley and Klaus here with him. They lived on within their daughter.