Haylijah

Elijah frowned at the little girl as she played 'Happy birthday' on the piano to one of her stuffed animals. Even at her young age she had a passionate look that he was said to have.

"Impossible," he whispered.

"I don't know how it happened, Elijah," Hayley caught his hand, "but she's yours."

She had Hayley's nose, Niklaus' lips, her skin was smooth and creamy like Rebekah's, she had Hayley's head shape and the little mole Kol had on his right shoulder. But her eyes, they were a mirror to his.

But she also looked like Hope, something about her could just male you think of the other girl and the other way round.

"How old is she," Elijah asked, watching her enjoy herself.

"A bit over 4..." Hayley smiled at her, "My girls, my reminders of you...do you want to meet her?"

Nerves built up in the original vampire's stomach. He had never been so frightened in his millennium of life. It was strange how seeing your child for the first time changed everything.

"What's my daughter's name?" 

Elijah couldn't take his eyes off the little girl, he could almost make out the light that was him and Hayley's future with this little girl. He knew he loved her, he loved everything about his little girl, he loved her dimples, he loved her missing teeth, he loved her already.

"Y/n," Hayley squeezed his hand softly, "Do you want me to call her over?"

"No, thank you, Hayley," he pressed his lips to hers quickly, "I think I'll go introduce myself..."

Hayley saw the fear in his eyes.

"You'll do great, she'll love you," Hayley laughed and gave her lover a shove, "Now go! And play nice."

Elijah rolled his eyes fondly at the woman he loved, he had missed this, missed talking to Hayley. He took a meek step forward.

You didn't notice him until he leant down and tapped your shoulder lightly. You looked up at the man and smiled widely.

"Hello," You said, your attention fixed to him, his heart ached.

"Y/n," He choked your name out.

"Yes?" You asked adorably.

"I think we need to have a chat."