Afraid (Klaus and Elijah)

"Why are you afraid?"

You sat on the staircase thinking about the way Elijah had said your name...the way he'd looked at you.

"Y/n?" Klaus looked into your E/c eyes.

"What do you want, Klaus?" You rubbed your eyes, hoping he hadn't seen your tears.

You should have said yes...but you still remembered what had happened in your youth.

"You ran," Klaus sat next to you, "And I know you love my brother so the only other reason would be fear...why?"

You looked at the Hybrid, would he even understand? How could he? The things your mother had done....the things your father had ruined.

Elijah....oh, Elijah.

"I...you couldn't possibly understand," You looked down, "You've always been so...confident... You make yourself important."

"If you are afraid Elijah does not think the world of you," Klaus looked deep in your eyes, "he does. My brother has never loved as much as he does now."

"I don't doubt that..." You shook your head, "but what about later..."

Klaus frowned.

"When I was younger my parents split," You sighed, "and I guess that gave me a scar, they were like that ultimate couple until they...weren't. After that I just thought that...no one ever really worked out."

Klaus stared at you, shocked that such pain had been inside you for so long.

"You have hidden pain, Love," he wrapped an arm around your shoulders, "You are deeply scarred, traumatised even, that's what makes you a Mikaelson."

"I don't know, Klaus," You said, looking down.

"Do you want to spend forever with us?" Klaus asked.

"It's a nice thought," You looked up at him, broken hearted, "I don't know if I'm ready, I'm just scared to be in that position. I just need a while longer...I love him but..."

"You need to come to terms with yourself before such commitment," Klaus nodded, "I understand, if you'd like I can explain to him?"

You nodded, "That would be fantastic."

He nodded and pressed his lips to your forehead and walked upstairs.

You began sobbing on the stairs of the compound.