Stress (Rebekah)

You threw your jeans to the other side of the room in desperation, trying to hold back tears as you did so. It was just a stupid little piece of paper that you'd hadn't given a shit about this morning when you'd ripped it off your foot but, now it was vital.

Final exams and assessment due dates were coming up and for this subject, it was due today but you'd taken the day off to try and catch up and this little piece of paper was the difference between passing and failing.

"No no no," You fell to your knees after a while.

You were so stressed, you hadn't been getting any sleep lately and you had been so scared of failing that it had sunk into your dreams, into your mind. Nightmares lived behind your closed eyes.

"Love?"

Your eyes flicked to the window. Your girlfriend, Rebekah stood near to it. She had concerned eyes as she assessed your form on the floor and the tears streaming down your face.

"R-reb-"

The blonde was by your side in an instant, she pulled your broken form into her slender pale arms, pulling you close. You attempted to steady your breathing by listening to her heart beat.

"Darling," Bekah sighed, stroking your h/c hair, "You shouldn't be doing all of this, it isn't healthy."

"I can't help it, Beks!" You exclaimed, pulling away to look into her bright blue eyes, "The teachers say it's helpful but its killing me! And I can't not do it, I'll fail."

You began sobbing again and Rebekah frowned at the system. Yes, in her time women were married off and told to do housework but it wasn't as scary and stressful. It was simple.

"I...I don't wanna fail, Beks," You murmured, "Other people...they get what the teachers say I just can't. I'm stupid."

"You're not stupid, Love," She pressed a living kiss to your forehead, "There just pushing you to hard. I'm sure if they'd just slowed down you'd understand."

"Nobody else needs to slow down," You cried, "Why am I the only one!"

"I'm not sure, Y/n," The original sighed, "but I know that you are so loving and sweet, that's why I love you. Look at me and my brothers we never got an education and we're successful."

"That's because you're vampires," You frowned, "You just compel everything."

Rebekah shrugged, "Well, you're a vampires girlfriend, as cliche as that sounds, but I will make sure that you will never have to lift a finger. You will always be successful to me, Darling."

---------------------------