08

Milena grunted as she sent another Chitauri soldier to the ground

Milena grunted as she sent another Chitauri soldier to the ground. She got separated from Cap and Nat a while ago, and it seemed like the soldiers were endless in numbers.

Some of the creatures were running towards her, with her knives long gone, she realized she could only use her powers now. With a glowing fist, she sent one flying back into the others.

The ones that remained let out shrieks and started to attack using the spears that worked much like Loki's.

Milena hissed in pain as a shot from one of the spears grazed her side, but she pushed herself and sent the alien flying. She gasped as she felt herself get grabbed from behind. The alien screeched in her ear as she was shoved to the ground.

Milena let out a yell, and shoved the creature off of her, pinning it down on the ground, before she gripped its head, and let her powers flow. The alien struggled beneath her and let out shrieks of pain before it stilled.

Milena stood up with a huff and her eyes widened when she realized that more Chitauri stood before her, she was surrounded. Desperately she tried to find a weak spot in the group that surrounded her. The Chitauri raised their spears ready to shoot.

Just as Milena was about to lose hope, a familiar roar caused the creatures to look up. The hulk came crashing down onto the Chitauri and let out another roar as he began to tear them apart.

When all the Chitauri were a mangled mess of bodies on the ground, Milena stared at the hulk  astonished "uh, t-thanks hulk." She stuttered. The hulk just grunted and leaped away.

Milena stood still a few moments before shaking her head. She glanced around her, there were no more Chitauri on the street that she stood on but she could see them flying over head. With a small sigh, Milena ran down the streets of New York to find her teammates.

———

Milena ran into Steve after he had saved civilians hiding in a bank. He stood,  looking at the chaos around him. His face now covered in dirt and his helmet missing.

"Cap!" She yelled jogging towards him. He looked up at Milena panting. She saw the tear in his suit, and winced as she saw the giant hole in the bank.

"Do you need me to heal that?" She asked him staring at the bleeding wound.

Steve quickly shook his head. "Who you should be worrying about us you." He said pointing at her waist, where she was shot at, luckily it had stopped bleeding.

"It's fine, I barely noticed it." A lie but she didn't want to use her powers on herself, she thought that the cut that Steve had would take less energy.

Before Steve could say anything more cries of the Chitauri were heard from down the street.

"We're not done yet." Milena said, and they both began running towards the army.