23

Milena took it upon herself to show the twins where they could get some clothes and anything else that they needed

"Take anything you need. Head to the quinjet when you're ready." She ordered. Despite the fact that they were on the same team now, Milena was still a bit awkward around them.

When they nodded she stiffly turned on her heel and headed back into the common area. She could see Thor and Vision taking outside. Thor caught a glimpse of Milena and said something to Vision before he made his way towards her.

When Thor was close enough Milena couldn't help herself. She quickly walked the remaining gap in between them and threw her arms around him, pressing her face into his chest despite the armour.

Thor chuckled and put his chin on top of her head. "It has only been a couple hours Milena."

"Well you worried me when you told me that wherever you were going was dangerous." Milena grumbled. She punched his bicep halfheartedly.

"It was dangerous but I came out unharmed."

Milena pulled away. "Where did you go?"

"London, I went to Erik and he brought me to a body of water where I could see the rest of my vision. But only if the water spirits accepted me. If they didn't I could've died. That is why it was dangerous."

Milena slowly nodded. "Huh...I mean I guess it's less dangerous than what we did in Korea. Cap and I fought Ultron on top a moving truck."

"You did what?!" Thor asked incredulously.

"Well we moved onto a moving train after...and I only got stabbed..."It was only then that Milena realized that she was digging herself into a deeper hole.

Thor grabbed her shoulders and began scanning her for injuries. "Where? Show me."

Milena laughed and waved Thor off. "In case your forgetting I can heal myself. I'm fine Thor, honestly."

Milena could see the twins going in the direction of the quinjet from the corner of her eye. She gently grabbed Thor's hand. "Now lets go, our three minutes are over."

———

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for." Steve started once they were in the air. "But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today."

Milena flipped the dagger in her hand as Steve talked. He glanced at everyone as he continued.

"But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world." Bruce's straightened as he said that. "This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."