17

"Guys we found another one, suit up

"Guys we found another one, suit up."

Milena groaned from her mountain of blankets as Tony's voice rang throughout her room. Grumbling profanities under her breath as she forced herself from the comfortable warmth of her bed. She glanced over at the clock and groaned again at the fact that it was barely four in the morning. Milena rolled off the bed and made her way to the closet and began to shrug her armour on.

It had been quite a long time since the trouble with Malekith and the Aether happened. Thor and Milena ended up staying with Jane and company for a while before Jane was whisked away after publishing her work on the convergence. They still stayed in London and saw the downfall of SHIELD from a TV screen.

Eventually, Tony managed to track down the two of them and asked them to help take down Hydra bases while trying to find Loki's sceptre that had been taken by an undercover Hydra agent.

Since then, Thor and Milena have been staying at the brand new, renamed, Avengers tower. Taking down Hydra base after Hydra base. During some missions Milena had managed to recreate the blast of energy that she found out that she could do during the Malekith incident. But while she did find it useful, she was more comfortable with using just her weapons, she only used her newly found blasting powers for when she needed to. Her blasts took more energy than she would like anyways.

Milena heard a small knock at the door which was followed by an already suited up Thor poking his head in. "Good morning Milena." He greeted.

Milena yawned and greeted him back quietly. Thor watched as she clipped her sheath on.

"I just wanted to see if you were awake, Steve says that we will be leaving soon."

Milena nodded her head. "Thanks Thor I'll be out in a bit."

Thor left quietly not saying much, knowing that Milena wasn't exactly a morning person. He had lived with her long enough to know what would happened if you bothered her early in the morning.

Milena clipped the last of her armour on and quickly tamed her hair before she left her room to where the quinjet would be. Ready to fly courtesy of JARVIS. Most of the team was already on board and she took a seat beside Thor. Tony eventually made his way into the jet and explained where they were going. A small country in Europe called Sokovia.

The jet was in the air and the team was mostly silent. Milena leaned her head on Thor's shoulder. "Do you think that this will be it?" She whispered.

Thor nearly shrugged but remembered the woman leaning on him. "I hope so, who knows what those people could do with that power."

———

The moment the Avengers landed, the fight started. It had gotten to the point where they called for a code green. Clint, Nat, and Milena were in a vehicle that they had stolen from the base. Driving across the snowy terrain of the forest as Hydra agents attacked them from all sides. Nat and Milena sat in the two front seats, with Nat driving as Clint stood in the back, letting arrows fly.