21

Thor walked into the quinjet silently

Thor walked into the quinjet silently. Milena trembled in his arms, her eyes still puffy, and tear track marks were visible on her face. Thor set her down on one of the chairs and then sat beside her, he leaned forward into his hands and sighed.

Steve was in the quinjet already. Clint walked in with an arm wrapped around a dazed Natasha. Then, about twenty minutes later Tony walked in, followed by Bruce who was wrapped in a blanket, grief was evident on his face.

Without saying a word Clint got the jet started and they were in the air. Milena didn't know where to. Everything that ran through her head became a tangled mess. She stared blankly at the wall in front of her, not yet truly registering what had just happened.

A hand on top of hers made her tear her eyes away from the wall. Milena looked at Thor, he had obviously seen something that affected him too, but instead he looked down at Milena in concern. He worried about her first.

"Will you...Can...do you want to talk about what you saw?" He asked softly.

Milena looked around the jet, her teammates sat silently, in either grief, shock, or both. She closed her eyes only to see flashes of her dreams. Her breath hitched and she quickly shook her head.

"Not...not now." She rasped.

Thor nodded in understanding and wrapped an arm around Milena, pulling her to his chest.

"Get some rest." He murmured.

Milena was afraid to close her eyes again, fearing that she would only be looped back into the nightmare that she saw. But the exhaustion from using her powers and going through the dream was getting to her. Milena let the steady sound of Thor's heartbeat lull her to sleep.

———

A couple of hours later Milena was being gently shaken awake by Thor. Slowly she stood up with the help of Thor and they exited the quinjet. The sun was just beginning to rise over the plot of land surrounded by trees.

Milena looked confused at the house, then at Clint. "Are we at..."

Clint nodded as she trailed off and began leading the team towards the house with an arm wrapped around Nat. The whole team looked at the house in confusion.

"Where is this place?" Thor asked as they walked up the porch steps.

"A safe house?" Tony replied.

"Let's hope." Clint said before opening the door.

They all walked into the house and turned towards the living room.

"Honey?" Clint called. "I'm home."

A very pregnant brunette who Milena recognized as Laura Barton walked into the room, freezing at the sight of all the avengers crowding her living room.