30

*not edited*

*not edited*

Milena sat at a large dining table that was full of strange looking food. Across from her was the Grandmaster.

"You're going to love it here Milly." The Grandmaster said. "Once you make your debut everyone here is going to treat you like a princess. They'll celebrate you, have parades dedicated to you!"

Milena's grip got impossibly tighter on her utensils. She didn't want to be worshipped, she wanted to leave. But with the obedience disk stuck above her collarbone, and the fact that the hulk seemed to like it here, she was in trouble.

"That sounds interesting." Milena lied. "But will they welcome someone new so easily?"

"With me and my champion on your side everyone will be cheering at the sound of your name." He promised.

Milena looked towards the window on her right side "It would be nice to go down there, walk the streets and greet them once I...debut? Was that the word you used?"

The Grandmaster nodded. "Your first appearance will be just before one of Hulk's fights! I'm sure everyone will greet you with open arms. Once we do get the opinion of the general public then I'll  start thinking about letting you roam my wonderful city."

Milena tried not to make her relief obvious and slowly nodded. "When will this...fight be?"

"Probably within the next week or so.We have new contenders quite often which is quite strange to me, why would you risk you life to leave such an amazing place like Sakaar? Oh well it keeps the people entertained."

Milena froze mid bite. "People challenge the hulk in order to leave?"

The Grandmaster chuckled. "Oh yes but those who try perish easily at the hands of him. We have smaller fights to keep the show long."

Milena put her utensil down, her appetite suddenly gone. For two years the hulk had been on this planet. Killing for sport. The only way to leave this planet was to kill the hulk which is pretty much impossible as far as Milena knew.

———

Milena sat on the windowsill in her room leaning against the cool glass. After learning about what the Hulk had been doing on the planet, Milena left dinner as fast as she could not wanting to hear anymore stories.

Milena brought her knees to her chest. She was alone again. Being alone wasn't a new concept to Milena but this time it felt different. This time, for the first time since the death of her village. Milena felt lonely.